X-Cops...

Rate this topic

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___

Guest betweenthelines

Give 'X-Cops' another try. It's one of the best comedic episodes the X-F staff ever produced. The characters of Steve and Edie are a riot...

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Okay, out of the ENTIRE X-Files series this is the ONLY episode where I watched about 5 minutes and then turned it off in disgust. Now, granted, I have absolutely NO use whatsoever for ANY reality based show; I categorically DON'T like them. But, I know that 'Cops' is a very successful show and a lot of people like it; so, please give me your opinions... In all fairness, is this X-Files episode worth watching? Does it have ANY true X-Files redeeming value at all...???

Just curious; as I was going through the X-Files discs I saw the title and remembered my initial reaction to it.

Thanks!

I definitely think this episode is worth a watch. I have to give a show credit when they really make an effort to do new and innovative shows every week. The X-files was that kind of show. They took chances and tried to give the viewers something to keep them interested and entertained. I think this episode was very well done for what it was trying to do, and it did feel like an authentic "reality TV" program. In my opinion, the X-files did have far more stinkers each season than Millennium, but this was not one of them in my mind.

I think it was definitely worth watching. I like it when a show or prod team steps outside of their expected or established franchise format. I also, in general, tend to enjoy humourously geered eps of a mostly dramatic show.

But, I liked this episode mainly because I thought it was incredibly funny, and it looked to me, like everyone - cast and crew - were having a ball doing.

It took the mickey out of some many different things. I mean, first of all, I loved how Mulder was like playing up for the cameras, doing that how reality cop show blow by blow as the patrol car was pulling up to places, or when they were walking into a potential crime scene, etc. LOL and the faces he would pull, or his over use of the how cop/investigator lingo. Hillarious!

And then Schully's reaction to the camera men and cameras! Priceless! I love when she looks at the camera the one time as says (replying to Mulders question about what Skinner had said when she called him), "The FBI has nothing to hide." The look on her face, when she says this is hilarious!

I also love all the subtle and not so subtle spoofing of Cops, as well as law enforcement officers in general. Great stuff!

And that gay couple! I thought I was going to bust a gut I was laughing so hard through any scene featuring them! :rofl:

Talking about all these things makes we want to watch it again!

Now, I really started laughing, when one day, it occured to me to visualise an M-Cops episode! I introduced this as a topic a long time ago over at Dixon's MoV when it was the sort of main MLM msg board (I think I might have brought it up here again, a few years ago). Anyway, imagine if they have done this with MLM! Think of the possibilities!!! Just imagine the looks on Franks amazingly expressive face to the camera men and camera!!! Imagine one of his one liners while he looks into the camera saying something similar to "I don't think it's the beef." LOL

Or, imagine Barry Baldwin playing it up for the show and cameras, trying to give the appearence of the ever so slick FBI agent! LOL

Now, Geibs would be a little more difficult to imagine. I cannot make up my mind whether he would be playing it up for the cameras, or going into the sort of hardnosed, jadded detective mode. Eitherway, I think it would have been hysterical!

Any development of this M-Cops idea is welcome.

And as for the rest of it, that's my opinion on the subject. A definitely Well Worth Watching vote from me.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
I think it was definitely worth watching. I like it when a show or prod team steps outside of their expected or established franchise format. I also, in general, tend to enjoy humourously geered eps of a mostly dramatic show.

But, I liked this episode mainly because I thought it was incredibly funny, and it looked to me, like everyone - cast and crew - were having a ball doing.

It took the mickey out of some many different things. I mean, first of all, I loved how Mulder was like playing up for the cameras, doing that how reality cop show blow by blow as the patrol car was pulling up to places, or when they were walking into a potential crime scene, etc. LOL and the faces he would pull, or his over use of the how cop/investigator lingo. Hillarious!

And then Schully's reaction to the camera men and cameras! Priceless! I love when she looks at the camera the one time as says (replying to Mulders question about what Skinner had said when she called him), "The FBI has nothing to hide." The look on her face, when she says this is hilarious!

I also love all the subtle and not so subtle spoofing of Cops, as well as law enforcement officers in general. Great stuff!

And that gay couple! I thought I was going to bust a gut I was laughing so hard through any scene featuring them! :rofl:

Talking about all these things makes we want to watch it again!

Now, I really started laughing, when one day, it occured to me to visualise an M-Cops episode! I introduced this as a topic a long time ago over at Dixon's MoV when it was the sort of main MLM msg board (I think I might have brought it up here again, a few years ago). Anyway, imagine if they have done this with MLM! Think of the possibilities!!! Just imagine the looks on Franks amazingly expressive face to the camera men and camera!!! Imagine one of his one liners while he looks into the camera saying something similar to "I don't think it's the beef." LOL

Or, imagine Barry Baldwin playing it up for the show and cameras, trying to give the appearence of the ever so slick FBI agent! LOL

Now, Geibs would be a little more difficult to imagine. I cannot make up my mind whether he would be playing it up for the cameras, or going into the sort of hardnosed, jadded detective mode. Eitherway, I think it would have been hysterical!

Any development of this M-Cops idea is welcome.

And as for the rest of it, that's my opinion on the subject. A definitely Well Worth Watching vote from me.

Thanks loads Mr. Psycho! (Uh, in light of the last subject, perhaps that's a poor choice of words... :doh:)

Now, I REALLY want to check out this episode; I'm glad that I asked about this and heard back from all of you; I believe that it will make a tremendous difference in my attitude toward the episode.

Thanks! And, YES, an M-Cops show likely would have been great! We got some idea from Franks responces, etc. in some of the other humourous MillenniuM shows.