Whos a Shipper and Whos not?

Rate this topic

Guest BitterIllusions

Guest LauraKrycek

Justa:

"I think after the lip lock in "Fight The Future"

the noromo idea was pretty well crushed.

Or was it a near miss?  That damn Bee !!"

LOL... the bee, again.  Well, I had no trouble being NoRomo, bee or no bee.  I just didn't want my show ruined to fulfill a much less important secondary storyline.

"I think the big question now is when will they

get MARRIED?  We can't have little William living

the life of a b******* (or can we?)"

Well, Scully DID give him up for adoption... ::grumblegrumble::  Don't get me started on that one.  If they can find him when he's with her, they can find him just as easily with the adoptive family, so it doesn't protect him at all, instead putting him in more danger because she's not there to save him!

"I've heard rumours that Mulder left after the birth

of William to avoid child support.  I don't believe this !

I'm sure he was running from the Super Soldiers !!"

LOL!  That's the funniest thing I've ever heard!  I never heard that when everything was going on.  Funny stuff!

MSandT:

"I'd classify myself as 'shipper hater'"

I understand what you mean.  Of course, also, for a long time, I was on AOL message boards, and was often subjected to many "Moulder and Skulli luv each othur" every day.  Not good.

"What mostly pisses me off is how they destroyed Scully's character during the last two seasons. She became weak, stupid, dependent and whiny. It was just too annoying."

I agree on this too!  I still watched religiously, but was always yelling at the TV and shaking my head because it just wasn't the same anymore.

Raven:

"PLEASE DON'T!

We need as many living-breathing MillenniuM fans as we can get!"

LOL, I think he'll probably be more apt to listen if you wanted him for anything but the addition of his number to our ranks.

Guest Justa Fan

Hey Laura K.

Good points.  I don't understand why Scully keeps

getting kicked for being "whimpy" in the last two

seasons.  Doggett and Reyes were being "groomed"

to carry the series.  Their story lines were getting

stronger and (let's face it) Scully's were getting

weaker.  I think it had to be that way.  

Just think if it had worked.  Season ten would have

been all Doggett and Reyes and Scully and Mulder would

have been part of the "background" myth arc.

Where are Scully and Mulder?  Where's William? Etc.,

etc.  It could have been pretty cool.  And Scully and

Mulder's wedding would have been a KILLER in the

ratings.  Bigger than the "Friends Wedding!"

:thinking_big:

Guest LauraKrycek

LOL well, I must say I quite enjoyed Doggett, but I always hated Reyes.  And I can't look at Annabeth Gish without hissing like an evil cat.  Much as I loathe to say it, I think I would've stopped watching, simply because of her (and the fact that the show kept getting worse), despite my love for Robert Patrick.

And Raven:  Much better.   :tongue:

Thanks, Laura! :wink_big:

I have to admit... at first I wished I was the one throwing water in Doggett's face!  Not that Mulder never got on my nerves, but I was pissed, thinking that this was Mulder's "replacement", and I kept thinking that The X Files at least deserved a fighting chance... rather than be lined up in front of a fireing squad! :angry_steaming_big:  I kept thinking "Oh, brother... they're gonna try to get her hooked up with HIM!  They're gonna replace Mulder with some guy off N.Y.P.D. BLUE???  What were they THINKING???" :angry_big:  

But, after a while, John Doggett began to grow on me!  :eyebrows_big:   Then..... just as I was beginning to accept him, they brought in Monica! :devil01:  The first episode whe was on, I thought I was gonna shoot myself, or the T.V....one or the other....  I did notice that she began to at least TRY to play the part a little more seriously after "DeadAlive", but she, to me... was the catalist for the demise of The X Files.  I kept wanting the aliens to get hold of her, or SOMETHING!  (LOL)

Enough of my ranting.....

Guest MSandt

We need as many living-breathing MillenniuM fans as we can get! :wink_big:

Well maybe I'll hire some Super Soldier to do the job for me :p

I agree on this too!  I still watched religiously, but was always yelling at the TV and shaking my head because it just wasn't the same anymore.

Sounds familiar. During 'The Truth' I was laughing my ass off while listening to those 'deep debates' between M & S (CAN YOU EVEN COMPARE THAT DIALOG TO WHAT MORGAN & WONG USED TO WRITE? NO!). :angry_steaming_big:  Or the moment when that some guy asked Scully for Mulder's head - LOL! "Bring me the head of Chris Carter" would have been way better. VHS tapes suck and I always worried what would happen to my The X-Files episodes if they went broke. One of my ninth season tapes went FUBAR and for the first time I couldn't care less.  :bigsmile:

Guest LauraKrycek

Well, Raven, in response to your feelings about Doggett, I'll only have to display that my feelings were the same, by sharing this poem, which I wrote after the first month or so of Doggettiness.

"An Ode to Special Agent John Jay Doggett"

In the beginning, he seemed so cruel

So by-the-book, followed every rule.

I missed poor Mulder with an aching pain,

Couldn't wait to have him back again.

I thought he was an evil guy,

I even wished that he would die.

But it wasn't too long a time

Until I felt that was a crime.

I looked into those big blue eyes and

I can't help it, now he's my man.

But I can't tell him how I feel

Because he kinda isn't real.

And so I watch each Sunday night,

Tape every episode, watch them all the time;

Watch him move across the screen,

And now I hope he'll never leave.

Doggone it, Doggett, you made me love you!

Doggone it, Doggett, I didn't want to.

Doggone it, Doggett, I want to hate you.

Doggone it, Doggett, but you made me love you.

Thank you, thank you.  It was originally intended to be a pop song, with the last four lines as the chorus, but hey, what can I say, I hate pop music.  It'd probably be better as song lyrics anyway, though, because it doesn't matter how bad the lyrics are as long as it's catchy.

Guest MSandt

Well about Doggett & Reyes: Although there wasn't anything wrong with their acting skills it was the scripts which ruined their parts in The X-Files. The dead-son thing with Doggett was just a cliche and badly executed (Don't even mention 'Empedocles'). I liked the first Doggett episodes - Within/Without were interesting as Scully was on one side and Doggett on the other. I even watched 'Patience' with high-expectations. I just wanted to see how our new Mulder was doing. After Patience it all went downhill when those ridiculous episodes came (Per Manum, Existence). The short struggle between him and Mulder in 'Three Words' & 'Vienen' had something but that's about it. And Reyes - She never fitted with the show although the show obviously wasn't The X-Files anymore. I'm thinking how Morgan & Wong could have brought some depth to these new characters.

Where are Scully and Mulder?  Where's William? Etc.,

etc.  It could have been pretty cool.  And Scully and

Mulder's wedding would have been a KILLER in the

ratings.  Bigger than the "Friends Wedding!"

That was the best joke I have heard in ages :thumbsup_big:

The show should have ended two years before it did.

And if Scully & Mulder were married or are going to get married then I'm seriously going to have some fun with Carter's inner organs. :devil01: WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THE X-FILES - NOT TELETUBBIES OR ROSSWELL!!!