Millennium Podcast anyone?

Rate this topic

Hey, so some of you will probably have noticed that I have been interested in the idea of a MM podcast. I think this would be the ideal place to birth such an idea, and as a podcaster already (click banner in sig to see), I think we should consider the following:

1.) what we actually want to discuss on the show?

2.) The format of the show

3.) How long/how often it should come out?

4.) Who's going to host it (I have no problem doing this)

I've probably missed a few here, feel free to add to the list!

discuss :)

• Elders (Admins)

I'm posting quickly here, but this is a great idea, I'm happy to help with the hosting of the podcast if you like and I can promote it on the main part of the site.

I wanted to add a podcast to the main site but apart from reading out the news updates over the top of music from the show, I was stuck for ideas.

Getting the fans to contribute content and ideas is a great way of doing it and keep it fresh.

Also, if you put together a team to work on this idea, I'm happy to provide a team project forum in which you can keep your discussions in one handy place, passworded or not as we've done in the past for the Virtual Season and Millennium Apocalypse teams.

Hi Ken,

I am very happy to contribute to this in what ever way you require. Before I make any suggestions can I ask if you intend this to be an enhanced podcast or the standard audio only version?

Best wishes,

Eth

Hi Ken,

I am very happy to contribute to this in what ever way you require. Before I make any suggestions can I ask if you intend this to be an enhanced podcast or the standard audio only version?

Best wishes,

Eth

depending on how many feeds we have i don't see why we can't do both, i'm assuming you mean a show with still pictures over the top?

That's exactly what I mean :)

Whilst I understand the overwhelming desire will to be focus on Millennium as a TV Show I would like to propose that we extend our vision to support fandom and its efforts to keep the dream alive. I would very much like to the podcast to feature reviews of the virtual Seasons, of 'Apocalypse' and to involve those currently beavering away on the Lara Means spin-off and Virtual Season Six. I feel it important that as well as retrospective we are proactive in encouraging the MM Community to continue to evolve and invest in some of the wonderful work that has happened, and is happening, post-Millennium. I would also like to see some promotion of the TIWWA Blogs and a review of the amazing articles members have contributed to Graham's website. Vivi's articles on art in Millennium are too amazing to not promote or discuss and I feel we need to bring our members attention to them.

As well as reviews I would very much like to see the mythology of the series given a rich exploration, the Gnosticism of Anamnesis, the alchemical and eastern mysticism of Bardo Thodol and so on should be explored and given coherence in respect of their role in the episode and their wider knowledge base.

It would also be nice to have a music review not only of those tracks included but of Snow's outstanding score and to acknowledge his work as being as substantial in creating the Millennium Zeitgeist as that of any of the writers, directors or actors.

I could go on all night, but won't for fear of verbiage, but please feed back and I will modify and add more as you see fit.

Best wishes,

Eth

^What Eth said!

Also, on a technical side, I have no idea how a podcast would be done, particularly since the fandom is to be found in all parts of the world. I mean there would be a host whose voice is heard on most of the podcast, but what about the rest? Telephone calls? Skype conference calls? Recorded clips from somebody focusing on a specific subject that are sent and inserted in the podcast? Just wondering...

I too share your queries Oro as I have never contributed to anything like this I have no idea with regards to how it is achieved. Ken could you advise on the best way to record audio also? The only facility I have for such a thing is to record to my Iphone but the quality is debatable. At some point I will also be contributing audio to the Dragonfly project and don't mind investing in something in order to achieve a good quality recording.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Jim McLean
I too share your queries Oro as I have never contributed to anything like this I have no idea with regards to how it is achieved. Ken could you advise on the best way to record audio also? The only facility I have for such a thing is to record to my Iphone but the quality is debatable. At some point I will also be contributing audio to the Dragonfly project and don't mind investing in something in order to achieve a good quality recording.

Best wishes,

Eth

Not the biggest techie, but I would love to be involved in such a venture. I do have people at another side I administer who do podcasts. I can see if I can pull some tips from there - especially if it runs as conference.

I can mix/edit all the shows, as well as being a 'binder' host (one that is on all episodes, generally to bind together all the guests/hosts).

If you listen to our latest episode, my co-host jacob is on a Skype call with me.

As per mics, I would deffo invest in a reasonable quality USB mic ... i'll advise if ness.

Dean Haglund was just using the mic built into his Mac I think, and he sounded really good, however this isn't always the case if you listen to the R U Sirius episode, that was also using a Mac mic and it sounded a bit dodgy and required uber-editing my end to make it listenable.

if your a PC user I have a neat little programme that splits the call/caller into two wav files which makes quality and editing a dream.

if your a PC user I have a neat little programme that splits the call/caller into two wav files which makes quality and editing a dream.

Hey I'd be really interested in that, and not just for a MLM podcast but for other things I'm doing as well! Could you tell me what program that is?