Official X-Files site is gone

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Yeah, I have a whole bunch of XF books... but I guess this is just like if I lost my favorite one of them (okay, don't know that I have a favorite, but you get my meaning).  I've always liked my stuff, and they just stole some of it.  ::sigh::  But, I suppose, just like the sting of the show's downfall and demise, this too shall pass.

I know the feeling.  I always hate when a web site of a TV show is no more (and/or a show has it's downfall).    I wish there was an off.  Millennium web site still.   I wonder when 1013 will get a site (and mabye they should host all of the lost Millennium and X-Files pages from the off. sites).    

I think all TV/movie production companies need a web site and not just the movie studios/TV networks/TV shows.    I have been seeing how many fansites for Tru Calling (that upcoming Eliza Dushku show from FOX) have popped up already and the show won't start airing until October 30th!!!   So far, the fansites for Tru Calling are more impressive that the site FOX has just put up.    It now seems TV shows/TV networks don't make good sites for the shows anymore.  It's the fans who come up with the best site.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest Second Coming
I think it just sucks because under a lot of the episodes they had a "Research Information" link that told a lot about things in the episodes. That really sucks.  Also, what does this say about Carter's relationship with Fox? Anything? And what about the long rumored 2nd X-Files movie?  Does that kill it?

I think it just sucks because under a lot of the episodes they had a "Research Information" link that told a lot about things in the episodes. That really sucks.  Also, what does this say about Carter's relationship with Fox? Anything? And what about the long rumored 2nd X-Files movie?  Does that kill it?

.........the 2nd XF-movie is a firm "go". gillian anderson and david duchovney just recently signed on for the next installment this past summer.  

~se7en :ouro:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Justa Fan

NO!  This is terrible news!  The link to the page is still on the FUX main page, but it only sends you to a page for their DVD sales (not even of XF, just all FOX's DVDs).  I'm seriously devastated!  

So...after all those years of shutting down fan sites,

threats of lawsuits. etc., etc., Fox shuts down the

Official Site.

CSM lives!!

You're right this sux...but big...

:angry_steaming_big:

So...after all those years of shutting down fan sites,

threats of lawsuits. etc., etc., Fox shuts down the

Official Site.

CSM lives!!

You're right this sux...but big...

:angry_steaming_big:

:thinking_big: And, somewhere, a very large woman is warming up her vocal cords..... :crying_big: