Alien Vs Predator

Rate this topic

Guest 19:19

i just read this on comingsoon.net and thought you all would like to know

Lance has been the first cast in the Alien vs Predator movie.

i am worried because this sounds like a movie that is going to suck! its been a fact that you can't, and i stress can't, make a good movie based of a video game no matter how good the game is.

19:19

:Ouro_Large:

i am worried because this sounds like a movie that is going to suck! its been a fact that you can't, and i stress can't, make a good movie based of a video game no matter how good the game is.

Idea about Aliens meeting Predators has been around long before the game was released. And there has been numerous rumours about the movie as well. I told my friend ten years ago that there's going to be Aliens Vs Predator movie.

Still it's a bit hard to try to fit Lance's character - Bishop most likely - in(to?) the film. The droid is dead and bringing its designer (the one we saw in Alien 3 - The final scene between him and Ripley was awesome) into the film sounds a bit odd.

But whether Lance is in it or not I'm still damn interested in seeing the results. I have been Alien/Predator freak since I saw Aliens for the first time when I was about seven.

Guest jamjardi

Scifi Wire says LH will be cast as a "billionaire industrialist who finances an expedition to the Antarctic that discovers two alien races engaged in the ultimate battle".

Hasn't Alien Vs. Predator been done in comics before?

i just read this on comingsoon.net and thought you all would like to know

Lance has been the first cast in the Alien vs Predator movie.

19:19

:Ouro_Large:

......yeah,the whole alienv-predator thing came out years and year befor ethe first AVP was even dreamt of. fans got tired of waitng so........out came the comics, and then.........out came the videogame and it's sequels.    ......of course,the movie could still suck big-time.

~se7en :ouro:

Guest LauraKrycek

Well, I'm just glad the man is working.  Could be worse than doing sucky things; he could be doing nothing.

I've always like Aliens vs. Predator... my brother used to have it and, when he was at work, my sister and I would sneak into his room and play it together on his computer... good times, good times.  The added fear that he might walk in at any moment made it that much more intense.  I can never just play a game the way it's supposed to be played; that's why I invented Ultimate Air Hockey and Fingerball (a very dangerous game played with a pool table and balls).

Guest wehavethefacts

Yes, there was a graphic novel of AvsP in the early nineties when Alien & Predator hysteria was pretty high.  This has been mooted for a veeeeery long time, but has long been stuck in development hell.  And yes, it is likely to be rubbish.

What kind of effect would that have on the Alien Universe though?  Throwing an exact likeness into the mix a few hundred years before the droid designer is supposed to exist?  Unless it's set in the far future, or he's somehow a direct descendent!  Hey, movie land has tried more ridiculous coincidences, I'm sure  :wink_big:

Hey...do ya think Fox can get Ridley Scott or

James Cameron to direct?

:devil01:

Nope.  Paul Anderson- the director of Resident Evil, event horizon, Soldier, and The Sight - is slated to direct.   And anyway, there has been talk of James Cameron producing a fifth Alien movie with Ridley Scott directing.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell