Halloween

Rate this topic

Cool Halloween plans, one and all!  I, too, wish I could have taken part in the Pumkin Carving contest, but I've never harved a pumpkin in my life, either....(sad but true) and couldn't have had time to even get one to try with in those few days.  But, at least I had an idea....though I'm sure I was not the only one to think..... :thinking_big: Hmmm......  Ouroborous Pumkin!

:Ouro_Large: uploaded_THECURSEOFFRANKBLACK.gif

Guest LauraKrycek
Cool Halloween plans, one and all!  I, too, wish I could have taken part in the Pumkin Carving contest, but I've never harved a pumpkin in my life, either....(sad but true) and couldn't have had time to even get one to try with in those few days.  But, at least I had an idea....though I'm sure I was not the only one to think..... :thinking_big: Hmmm......  Ouroborous Pumkin!

:Ouro_Large:

I considered going down the street and egging this house that looks a whole lot like the yellow house (shape and layout, not color -- it's brick, not yellow), but it's just too pretty.  And there are so many other houses that deserve to be egged, were I to actually do that.  And yeah, I thought about an ouroborous pumpkin... taking the picture of fledgling666's tattoo and making a pattern out of it.  Ah... no one steal that!  I'm totally going to do that sometime just because.

I considered going down the street and egging this house that looks a whole lot like the yellow house (shape and layout, not color -- it's brick, not yellow), but it's just too pretty.  And there are so many other houses that deserve to be egged, were I to actually do that.  And yeah, I thought about an ouroborous pumpkin... taking the picture of fledgling666's tattoo and making a pattern out of it.  Ah... no one steal that!  I'm totally going to do that sometime just because.

YOU GO GIRL! :thumbsup_big:

And, if you just realy need to egg a house, try the woman who lives next door to me, who's about half the reason I want to move! :devil01:  :angry_steaming_big:

We here in Finland don't have the kind of 'American Halloween'. Our Halloween is 'Pyhäinpäivä' ("Saints' day", "The day of saints", "The day of the holy" or something like that) and it's a Christian holiday when stores are closed and people don't go to work (well they wouldn't go to work on Saturdays in any case). So no 'trick or treat' today. But we do have a day like Halloween in the beginning of the year when kids dress up as something (like Halloween) and go from door to door & ask for candy.

But of course I watched 'The Curse of Frank Black' today (thanks to that DVD-project) and it's without a doubt the 3rd best episode ever.

And there are no pumpkins in Finland so I can't play with them :angry:

• Elders (Admins)

Hi all,

We had a great Halloween here!

I've got Val's cold - boohoo. Its a bit different though so I'm not sure if it is hers or not. Started with the simple headcold when I was on rest days. Today my lungs ache and head throbs when I cough which Val says is Bronchitus?

Last night we went to get Michael and he's here until Sunday evening - I'm trying not to get too close to him. We went out for an hour last night as we had bought his costume the weekend before and didn't want to let him down.  He got a big bowl full of sweets and £1.65 in cash! Not a bad haul! :tasty:

We went to houses that had pumpkins outside and the people were great. Val and I just waved from the path. I have to confess feeling a lot of pride or rather feeling like Frank when he waved at the old lady who Jordan called on. Strange feeling.

One house was lit up green and when the door opened was full of fog with a strobe light! Very good! Apparently he worked in a theatre.

We came home and I carved the pumpkin and we put it outside. Then at 10.30pm when everyone had gone to bed out came "The Curse Of Frank Black". What an incredible evening.

Whatever you were doing, I hope you had a great Halloween!

This, is who we are.

Graham

I forgot to put on the Curse of Frank Black last night.   I was watching some DVDs I rented: THE MATRIX RELOADED, HOLLYWOOD HOMICIDE, and THE HARD WORD.   Hope everyone had fun on Halloween.

Be Seeing you,

David Blackwell

(wondering if anyone carved an ouroboros in a pumpkin)

Watched "The Curse of Frank Black" by candelight.... :frank_black:

Consumed lots of chocolate...... :tasty:

Listened to the sounds of squeeling breaks from all the drunks on the road..... :eyes:

Vowed never to start smoking again! :smokin:

HAPPY ALL SAINTS DAY!!!!! :angel:

Guest PROVO_SIX

Halloween is usually spent with my wife giving out candy, this time in a pro-grade Mickey Mouse costume.  I'm a bit to stoic for that, but she loves kids and is quite friendly.  Afterwards, I like to relax surfing for old school flics on the tele:  Halloween 2, Bride of Frankenstein, and I forget the name of it, but the Nosferatu new version with Wilem Dafoe.

Pumpkin contest -- I was going to send you a pic not of a real pumpkin, but of a Paint Shop Pro digi-pumpkin (Jackolantern) -- don't hear that term for the carved pumpkin these days.  Maybe I'll still kick one out. We could have also just searched for some online and "adopted" it as our own creation -- much faster process.

Thanks for the scandanavian update on All Saints Day sans Halloween.  Halloween is an old adopted event/ritual before All Saints Day.