Abyss Ratings for "Jose Chung's 'Doomsday Defence'" through "The Pest House"

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber

What do you think of the Millennial Abyss' Episode Scores?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Feel free to opine on each of your choices too.

All were just about right up until Luminary, which I have as a 5 and Pest House, which I give a 4.

Guest ZeusFaber

I would have notched "Midnight of the Century" down to 4, "Goodbye, Charlie" down to 2, and "Luminary" down to 3.

I don't care much for "The Pest House", so would perhaps have given that a 2, since it is more on an X-Files than Millennium.

I would have notched "Midnight of the Century" down to 4, "Goodbye, Charlie" down to 2, and "Luminary" down to 3.

I don't care much for "The Pest House", so would perhaps have given that a 2, since it is more on an X-Files than Millennium.

I dont have any particular quarrels with this one...except for one..ZF, you and i disagree on this one..I really liked Pest House (in particular the doctor, :tasty: )...MOTC is a definitive 5, given the story, at least to me is the anithesis of what MillenniuM tried to be. It was a show of redemption, forgiveness, tenderness, and it left you with a "warm place in your heart"...

"Goodbye, Charlie" - i would agree with you,,down a notch or two...just didnt like the idea of a demon, or assassin, who digs karaoke :death: ....the only real thing i got out of this one was the ending scene between Frank and Lara in his car. I felt this was where we first saw the "attraction" between the two..the way she would look at Frank (if it were me) would have led to some serious neckin :kickin: ....LOL....

4th Horseman..

Guest Moriarty
I dont have any particular quarrels with this one...except for one..ZF, you and i disagree on this one..I really liked Pest House (in particular the doctor, :tasty: )...MOTC is a definitive 5, given the story, at least to me is the anithesis of what MillenniuM tried to be. It was a show of redemption, forgiveness, tenderness, and it left you with a "warm place in your heart"...

"Goodbye, Charlie" - i would agree with you,,down a notch or two...just didnt like the idea of a demon, or assassin, who digs karaoke :death: ....the only real thing i got out of this one was the ending scene between Frank and Lara in his car. I felt this was where we first saw the "attraction" between the two..the way she would look at Frank (if it were me) would have led to some serious neckin :kickin: ....LOL....

4th Horseman..

Attraction? You mean physically? I never noticed that. I even do not think that the writers intended that you know. Besides, Catherine was still alive. It's not like Frank to get involved with another woman. Or am I wrong?

Guest ZeusFaber
MOTC is a definitive 5, given the story, at least to me is the anithesis of what MillenniuM tried to be. It was a show of redemption, forgiveness, tenderness, and it left you with a "warm place in your heart"

Maybe so, and I do think it's a good episode, but it loses points for me in that it tries to come down definitively on making Frank psychic with a paranormal ability inherited from his mother. I know people will say that this issue was muddled before this episode, going back as far as "Sacrament", but "Midnight of the Century" tried to remove all ambiguity and say Frank is psychic. This, along with "A Single Blade of Grass", show to me that Maher & Reindle just didn't understand what Frank's facility was all about.

"Goodbye, Charlie" - i would agree with you,,down a notch or two...just didnt like the idea of a demon, or assassin, who digs karaoke :death: ....the only real thing i got out of this one was the ending scene between Frank and Lara in his car. I felt this was where we first saw the "attraction" between the two..the way she would look at Frank (if it were me) would have led to some serious neckin

The presence of Tucker Smallwood is a redeeming feature of this episode, but I too found it to be rather dull. The ending with the painting was just a bit silly too.

As for the relationship stuff between Lara and Frank, this is another major objection of mine to S2 as a whole. You're right to identify it here, and it was also present in "Midnight of the Century" (another reason to mark that episode down). It felt very wrong and out of character for Frank given his marriage to Catherine, and cemented Lara Means as a usurping force in the season, both in terms of screentime and relationship.

Guest ZeusFaber
Attraction? You mean physically? I never noticed that. I even do not think that the writers intended that you know.

I'm pretty sure it was intentional, especially given all the touchy-feely stuff in "Midnight of the Century".

Besides, Catherine was still alive. It's not like Frank to get involved with another woman.

Precisely. That is exactly why I was against this feature of S2, and indeed Lara Means in general.

Attraction? You mean physically? I never noticed that. I even do not think that the writers intended that you know. Besides, Catherine was still alive. It's not like Frank to get involved with another woman. Or am I wrong?
M my friend...this is my opinion and i realize its not shared by some here, but i felt that as S2 went along, it was clear, at least in my mind, that Frank began to "struggle" with his relationship with Lara. Yes, he was still married to Catherine, but if you noticed, Frank began, by The Fourth Horseman, to take up her signature of "Here's my thing"....It was certain, beyond a doubt, that Lara had developed feelings for Frank, quite obviously by her grasping Frank's hand in MOTC and her body language, particularily at the end of "Goodbye Charlie".....there was also the scene in "The Time is Now" where he tells Lara that she, not his family, not Catherine was the only one who ever understood....so i believe that by S2's end, Frank's feelings were being pulled in two different directions...

4th Horseman..

I'm pretty sure it was intentional, especially given all the touchy-feely stuff in "Midnight of the Century".

Precisely. That is exactly why I was against this feature of S2, and indeed Lara Means in general.

ZF - dont get me started on "A Single Blade of Grass".... :death::censored::angryred:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

I have to lean towards Morianty's point of view here. I never did pick up on this, but I agree with another poster who said it is just a matter of perception. I will have to review some of the scenes mentioned with this point in mind, but I can say that I viewed the "hand grasp" in MOTC as Lara expressing compassion for Frank as someone who is coping with some of the same difficulties she has experienced with her gift, and offering her support and letting Frank know she cares deeply for him and Jordan and is there for him. At the end of The Time Is Now, when he mentions that only Lara understood, I always thought this was also a reference to both of them having a "gift". Just my opinion, but I never did get the romantic vibe between these two.