Duchovny Returns to TV

Rate this topic

David Duchovny is returning to primetime television, teaming with Showtime on a pair of series projects, according to Variety.

The actor is finalizing a deal to topline and executive produce the cable channel's untitled drama pilot about a novelist trying to raise a kid on his own while battling an addiction to sex and drugs.

If the project is picked up to series, it will be Duchovny's first regular TV role since The X-Files wrapped in 2000.

Duchovny also has set up the comedy series Yoga Man, described as Shampoo in a yoga studio, at Showtime. He'll write the pilot script with Bart Freundlich, who directed Duchovny in the feature Trust the Man, and Scott Burns (Wonderland).

In the untitled drama, Duchovny will star as Hank Moody, a charming but self-destructive writer and father of one, whose obsession with women and honesty both enriches and harms his life and work.

Tom Kapinos (Dawson's Creek) created the show. He'll exec produce with Duchovny and helmer Stephen Hopkins (24). Latter also is attached to direct the pilot

Guest betweenthelines

I'd like another X-F movie too; that's pretty much a given! However I'd like to see his show about a burned-out novelist make it to TV. As funny as Duchovny can be, that yoga show doesn't sound very interesting.

I also read on David Boreanaz's blog that David Duchovny may direct an episode of "Bones". I've never seen the show, and it seems like I can live a full life withou doing so, but I'll tune in just for that. Assuming he even gets around to working on the show.