Music video featuring Millennium scenes

Rate this topic

Guest Mr. Ne'er-Do-Well

Guest LauraKrycek

I don't listen to the radio (as I think I said someplace else) other than NPR (and lately nonstop Christmas music, ugh) at work, so I don't know a lot of really recent music.  But yeah, I'm not a Kylie Minogue fan, either.  Tried to like her for being from over there, but no, it just wasn't worth it.  Bad pop is bad pop, plain and simple.

Word for getting into older stuff instead!  The only pop stuff that I actually like is like Catatonia (Welsh band), but they're no longer together.  :-(  I'm hoping to someday be able to find a copy of Cerys Matthew's recent solo album, though.  Unfortunately, if it's big over there, it doesn't even mean that we'd remotely recognize something of theirs over here.  Shame, really, when the whole entire freaking rest of the world has to be subjected to American pop culture.

*Do* we have boy bands here?  Hah!  We've got them popping out of the woodwork.  It's disgusting.  I at least have some amount of respect for the ones who actually know how to play their own instruments, but they still are really freaking annoying.  I've just started over the past couple days getting into this band Maroon5, but I've only heard two of their songs, so that's not an accurate judge.  Blergh for stupid not-good pop music.

Guest amnesic

is it just my imagination, but around november 1998 someone remixed the millennium theme into about a 6 minute dance song?

laurak - can't you import cerys m's album from amazon.co.uk?

Guest LauraKrycek

I haven't heard of that remixed version of the MM theme, but that'd be awesome if there *was* one!  I'd def. be all about that.

And I don't order anything online because I don't have a credit card or checking account.  I'd be fine if they could bring it to me COD or something...

I haven't heard of that remixed version of the MM theme, but that'd be awesome if there *was* one!  I'd def. be all about that.

And I don't order anything online because I don't have a credit card or checking account.  I'd be fine if they could bring it to me COD or something...

Many online sites do provide an address for people to send a money order to (like Amazon.com for example).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest Second Coming
haha, I wondered if anyone knew that Frank Black was named after Frank Black from the Pixies. I like the Frank Black album with "Los Angeles", "I heard Ramona sing" and "hang on to your ego" on it. And the Pixies have great songs: "Monkey gone to heaven", "Hey", "Gigantic", and some other really cool song i'm forgetting.