Music video featuring Millennium scenes

Rate this topic

Guest Mr. Ne'er-Do-Well

Guest A Stranger

Frank Black was the lead singer for an EXTERMELY influential alternative rock band called The Pixies. Really, I can't believe no one knew that. They have a best of and DVD coming out soon.

I didn't know that Frank Black used MM clips in a video that's pretty funny, actually.

Frank Black was the lead singer for an EXTERMELY influential alternative rock band called The Pixies. Really, I can't believe no one knew that. They have a best of and DVD coming out soon.

I didn't know that Frank Black used MM clips in a video that's pretty funny, actually.

..yeah,C.C. is a fan of Frank Black.

se7en :ouro:

I remember reading a couple of years ago, just after I started getting into Millennium, that CC named the leading character after a musician.  I thought that it was quite amusing and amazing how fitting the name was to the character.  Good job CC wasn't a fan of Justin Timberlake at the time.  Couldn't see that one working so well.

Guest LauraKrycek
I remember reading a couple of years ago, just after I started getting into Millennium, that CC named the leading character after a musician.  I thought that it was quite amusing and amazing how fitting the name was to the character.  Good job CC wasn't a fan of Justin Timberlake at the time.  Couldn't see that one working so well.

GAAHHHH how dare you even mention such blasphemy!?!  Now I have to scrub my computer with bleach!  Thanks a lot! :angry_steaming_big:

I agree with laura.  why di you have to bring up that no-talent music hack (Justin Timberlake0 who is just a pre-sold mass media pop icon to brainwash several million teens in thinking his music is actually any good.    That's my thought on the matter.   I wish it was still the day where MTV actually promoted more good music artists instead of these bubblegum artists who aren't that good Britney Spears for example) and shows like Two Rich girls where twon teenage girls whine (and say they're normal.   When do we get to have people serve us towels on the beach?! or when do we get to return $8,000 piece of jewelry to help animals because they think it would be something good to do since she has a show?!).

be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

hhmm...I guess thats who The Bloodhound Gang were refering to in 'Firewater Burn'. And I was hoping they were Millennium fans...

I'm not impressed with the music of the Bloodhound Gang.

Then again, I grew up on the music of the 1980s and early 1990s when they had music shows on MTV like Alternative Nation, 120 Minutes, and Headbanger's Ball.   I hear some of those wshows might be on mTV2 now (but I don't have MTV2 which I would gladly swap MTV for if given the choice).

Be Seeing you,

David Blackwell

Yeah....I guess I have to admit that I'd never heard of that band, either... :sorry-big:  And, then, a couple of years ago, I was watching Craig Kilborn (can't remember how to spell his name correctly) and he said that Frank Black was gonna be on that night.... :plain_big: I almost p#$%ed in the floor! :eyes:  :laugh_big:

Guest LauraKrycek

I agree with laura.  why di you have to bring up that no-talent music hack (Justin Timberlake0 who is just a pre-sold mass media pop icon to brainwash several million teens in thinking his music is actually any good.    That's my thought on the matter.   I wish it was still the day where MTV actually promoted more good music artists instead of these bubblegum artists who aren't that good Britney Spears for example) and shows like Two Rich girls where twon teenage girls whine (and say they're normal.   When do we get to have people serve us towels on the beach?! or when do we get to return $8,000 piece of jewelry to help animals because they think it would be something good to do since she has a show?!).

be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Yep, there's nearly nothing to be had in mainstream musicians nowadays.  I'm kind of like this band Maroon5 and am going to check and see if my sister has any of their music; if not, I'm actually thinking about *gasp* buying their CD (it generally takes a lot for me to buy a brand new CD, so this is a big thing).  As far as currently-producing musicians, right now, my favorite's probably Rufus Wainwright, someone *else* I'm going to be looking for over Christmas.  Oh, and of course, Steve Burns :kissypoo: , but that's another story; I asked for that for Christmas, plus you can only order it.

The stupidest thing I've seen in quite awhile was when I was home and my mom was watching MTV's "Newlyweds", with Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey.  That was the saddest thing I've ever seen.  She was supposed to be the one pop princess who wasn't a ho and who'd be worth admiring, but no, turns out she's apparently a brain donor.  Oh well.  And *that* was Timberlake's finest moment:  he hosted on SNL a few weeks ago and impersonated her, and I laughed my bootay off.  Of course, I suppose acting stupid and like a pansy *does* come naturally to him.

Guest LauraKrycek
Yeah....I guess I have to admit that I'd never heard of that band, either... :sorry-big:  And, then, a couple of years ago, I was watching Craig Kilborn (can't remember how to spell his name correctly) and he said that Frank Black was gonna be on that night.... :plain_big: I almost p#$%ed in the floor! :eyes:  :laugh_big:

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

How awesome would it be if Frank *did* go on talk shows?  Can you imagine?

I agree with laura.  why di you have to bring up that no-talent music hack (Justin Timberlake0 who is just a pre-sold mass media pop icon to brainwash several million teens in thinking his music is actually any good.    That's my thought on the matter.

I agree with you perfectly!  I can't stand JT (thought it would be safer to abbreviate).  Somebody should sue him for breach of Trade and Descriptions Act if he continues to refer to that noise as 'music'.  He's not even good looking, and still everone swoons over him.  And please don't get me started on Kylie . . . has she released Slow in America as a single?  It is the most apalling crap I've ever heard, not even up to her pop standard.  Most of her stuff is not so bad. What is wrong with today's youth?  Maybe there are subliminal messages in the 'music' telling them to buy it . . .

I've given up on mainstream music and been getting into older stuff recently, such as Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald etc.  Those kind of singers have such a quality of voice that you never hear now-a-days, its all microskirts, clevage and stubbly beards (on the men, that last one)

Have you got loads of boy bands in America?  There's always a few on the go here, usually an Irish band or two are on the go.  I think its because of the blue eyes and blond hair, appears non-threatening to teenage girls.  At the moment, Westlife (=Irish) and Busted (=fake grungy) are top of the 14-yr old girl's heart-throb list.  Europe's top scientists are working on the cause, but are so far somewhat baffled. (I may have made that last bit up, I do like a bit of hyperbole here and there)

You may notice I feel rather passionate about this.  And another topic has been successfully hijacked - woohoo!  Think I'm getting the idea now  :plain_big: