The unltimate insult, I give up!!!

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest LauraKrycek

I don't think that Bairstow's situation would be what was keeping the show from making it to DVD, though it wouldn't help either. I guess we'll find out more about the outcome of it in the next month, though. But who would actually buy this DVD? I guess a couple of people on here might, and maybe a few XF fans... but really, nobody really watched\liked the show. I mean, three episodes? No way. FOX, I have to say, would be pretty stupid to release HR to DVD because it would probably turn out to be a major money-losing venture. I can almost guarantee you that that isn't on their plates. Probably nowhere near their plates. It's probably already in the dumpster out back.

The only way that HR could ever be released would be, I think, for 1013 to get all the rights to do that and for them to release that, LGM, and MM perhaps for order from an OS or something. 2 years from now, and most XF fans will even be forgetting how dedicated they were to that show, and that was 9 years of some people's lives, and whooole lot of money\dedication.

FX did show all nine episodes of Harsh Realm (I taped and watched the last 6 off FX) and I did tape the first three eps off FOX (and oddly enough I have 9 eps scattered over three tapes in 3 episode batchs with other stuff on each tape.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
FX did show all nine episodes of Harsh Realm (I taped and watched the last 6 off FX) and I did tape the first three eps off FOX (and oddly enough I have 9 eps scattered over three tapes in 3 episode batchs with other stuff on each tape.

I know they did; I have them on tape somewhere too. I also remember that they showed them on Fridays at 9, just like they were on FOX, for nine weeks, then ended up the run by showing all 9 eps in a marathon on the very last weekend. But just because they showed them doesn't mean that it's going to be released. That was five years ago, you do realize? If them showing any show for any period of time warrants a release, then we'd have DVDs of MM a hundred times over... well, and "Married With Children". And NOBODY wants to see *that*.

all i have to say is "YES!!!"

finally the put another quality tv show on dvd that i was so looking forward to.

now i can put it next to my copies of:

anna nicole smith season 1

soul food tv series

and Hercules season 1.

im just glad fox is putting out quality tv shows on dvd, finally!!

aaaaaah,fond memories of Hercules. good times. good times.

se7en :ouro:

Guest WaveCrest

Jordan,

Sorry if I have confused you. :wink: I am like that at times on my main forum!!

About the Millennium music - I wasn't having a go at you. :wink: It's just that I hadn't read yet, about any problems with the music used on Millennium causing a problem for it coming out on DVD.

About "Harsh Realm" coming out on DVD - since I read about Scott Bairstow in the news it's made me think twice about buying the show on DVD or watching it if it does get screened somewhere on UK TV.

I've thought maybe the new satellite station FX UK (a UK version of FOX's FX) will show it.

Edited by WaveCrest

Guest LauraKrycek
About "Harsh Realm" coming out on DVD - since I read about Scott Bairstow in the news it's made me think twice about buying the show on DVD or watching it if it does get screened somewhere on UK TV.

It *is* pretty weird to think about the fact that back when we were watching him on HR (and maybe developing a little crush, but more so on DB Sweeney), he was bonking a minor he's related to by marriage. ::shudder:: Weeeiiirrrdoooo.

So FK is having a station in the UK (I wish they get more quality stuff on FX US besides THe Shield, Nip/Tuck, and Buffy (and Married with children) reruns because teh rest of the schedule is a mess and cancelling Lucky isn't helping). ah, the power of Rupert Murdoch. Too bad he can't use his power for good more and get Millennium released on DVD.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell