What Was Your Fav. Lara Means Episode

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I find that funny, i find that i generally agree with my pal Bliss 100% of the time. When it comes to 4thHorseman sometimes we will dissagree but on the other hand we are also kindred spirits. I guess to some this up: According to Kramer(Seinfeld) i am torn between two man-loves :rofl:

Oh Joe, love is for poets. :oneeyedwinK Yes, I find that I usually agree with JoeM, except that I find his obscene photos to be in poor taste. :oneeyedwinK Just kidding, I actually kind of like them. :grin:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I have to agree with MIB on this one. "The Time is Now" is my favorite followed closely by "Monster." With that said, my favorite Kristen Cloke role though was in X-Files' "The Field Where I Died."

Even if she hadn't done a pretty good job as Lara, she was very watchable -- I think the most precise term might be "babe-a-licious."

Yes, babe-a-licious fits for sure, but in the best possible way. She is gorgeous, but there just seems to be a lot more to her than that. She isn't your typical all looks and no brains bimbo. She really has a classy look and is able to pull off roles as intelligent, capable women. My favorite character that she has created was Lara Means, but I agree that "The Field Where I Died" is far and away her best performance, and one of the best guest appearances ever on X-files. I know that opinions vary, but I think she added a lot to MM, and is one of the reasons S2 is my favorite. I thought she and Frank had great chemistry and really connected and related to each other. As I have mentioned many times, I had a feeling that the final episode she was in might be her last, but I was still hoping she would be back for S3.

"The Field Where I Lay" is one of my all-time classic X-Files episodes. I thought the acting by Duchovny and Cloke was superb. This was Clokes best performance. It was also a gut-wrencher, what a love story. To me it seem Mulder was so drawn to her regarding the "Past Life Lover" that his inquiry turned into a love for her. Like i said........best X-file classic

Agreed!

As for a fav. Lara episode.... that would be hard to say. She was so excellent in all of them. 1919 had some classic lines of hers in it, but "Midnight" showed the softer side of her, and her affection for Frank was growing.....

hard to say...

Guest Moriarty

Hi guys. I am not such a big fan of Lara but if I had to pick an episode I would choose "Anamnesis". I find it strange that no one picks this one. The acting of both the female leads is great in this one. The scene where Lara explains the Maria Magdalena thing was superb. Oh and yes, it is a beautifull woman :-)

Guest ZeusFaber

Interesting to see the different views that have unfolded in this thread.

I personally found Lara to be more of a cliched sidekick for Frank, with an annoying and forced catchphrase, who usurped the position in Frank's life once occupied unshakingly by Catherine.

Regarding Kristen Cloke's performance in "The Field Where I Died", I will just disagree once again. A little painful at times, from an episode that started as a reasonable entry in my estimation, but seems to fall further and further with each repeat viewing. Certainly not the best of The X-Files.

As for being closely compared to 4th Horseman, I can only take that as a compliment.

Guest betweenthelines

I liked Kristen Cloke's performance in 'The Field Where I Died', except when she was playing "Sydney". I don't think I was supposed to laugh at that moment, yet I did.

Anyway, my favorite Lara Means episode is a toss-up between 'Anamnesis' and 'Monster'. 'Midnight of the Century' is good too since we learn more about Lara's life. I also think she should have been brought back for Season 3, even if she only starred in one or two episodes.

Guest Father Karras

My $.02 on the subject. I am a big fan of Ms. Cloke and the Lara Means character. I also would have enjoyed seeing her in season 3. I smile thinking about the scenes that could have been between her and Frank now that she had become a full member of the group, and he was deadset against them. Could she have been a stronger draw to woo Frank back into the groups ranks? She did save Jordan's life, and could have survived as the group undoubtedly had more vaccine Alas, those scenes will never be. I think Midnight of the Century is my favorite Lara episode. The awkward chemistry between Frank and Lara was interesting. Had her character lasted I wonder what might have developed in season 3.

FK

Guest ZeusFaber

I think it would have felt incongruous in the extreme to see Lara Means from the fantastical fairy-world of S2 carry over into the more grounded world of S3.

Guest Father Karras

I agree that the two seasons had a very different feel, but that is the work of the writers. I think, (just my opinion) that Lara's charcater could have evolved and developed into a point counter-point relationship with Frank. In season 3 Frank has made up his mind about the group based upon his knowledge and experiences up to the end of season 2. I think it would have been interesting to see Lara, who at one time was a close colleague of Frank's, now in a position to dangle hidden knowledge before him. In season 3 It's my impression that Frank does not feel overly threatened by Peter Watt's presence. Annoyed...absolutely, hostile to a fault...definately, yet not threatened or menaced. I would have loved to see Lara, provided she got at least a marginal grip on her sanity, back to face Frank as a "true believer". One to whom he is both attracted and repulsed. Lara a little bit crazy might even been cool. Oh well, we shall never know. It is however fun to talk about!

FK.