Leonard Betts/Fight Club

Rate this topic

Guest Pencil Machine Operator

Guest 19:19
Probably the worst thing they did for the show was have Mulder learn what happened to his year and the answer just was the worst revelation ever (she was killed by a child molester (or child murderer)) and that just was the biggest slap in the face besides the episode where they kill the Lone Gunmen off and the series finale (it was a big turd).

i assume you mean his sister.

that was the worst explanation, what about everything previous to that about his sister?? cloning??? come on!!

and why kill off the lone gunman?? why??

and dont forget "First person shooter", that episode blew!!

best episode??........i was a big fan of squeese and tooms. i dont think i could say what my fav episode was, i have a lot.

19:19

Guest A Stranger
Probably the worst thing they did for the show was have Mulder learn what happened to his year and the answer just was the worst revelation ever (she was killed by a child molester (or child murderer)) and that just was the biggest slap in the face besides the episode where they kill the Lone Gunmen off and the series finale (it was a big turd). It just seemed that the show should have ended at the end of season 7. Seasons 7 through 9 showed an alarming trend of the writers decing to throw out the good things more and more with bad plots that should have never been written.\.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Well, actaully she wasn't killed by the child molester she was taken by "walk-in" spirts and spared the death by the child molester. That's why there was no body she was transformed into pure energy...I don't know if that's any better and the bottom line is she is dead and all of Mulder's searching was for naught. It was indeed the biggest insult to the audience they could have come up with. It's obvious the writers were bored with the show and out of ideas.

Not only that but she wasn't abuducted by aliens but by the Smoking Man and then lived for a few years to be tortured in medical expirements, runs away, is about to be taken back home with CSM and then is "transformed" into "energy" (i.e. dead) and Mulder is cool that that? That gave him closure??

You know I read in some S8 era interviews were Carter tried to muddy up what was supposed to be the final, concrete awnswer were he changed it to Mulder believes she is in starlight and may one day be returned to him. That was never brought up in the series.

• 3 months later...
Guest Avatar

Worst episode has to be Fearful Symmetry. There are really too many great episodes to pick just one, so one from each season would be

S1 Beyond The Sea

S2 Humbug

S3 The whole Anasazi/Blessing Way/Paper Clip thing

S4 The Field Where I Died

S5 Kill Switch or Kitsunegari

S6 Drive

S7 Je Souhaite

S8 Roadrunners

S9 John Doe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ModernDayMoriarty

On the best and worst from each season...

Season One.

Best: Beyond the Sea.

Worst: Lazarus.

Season Two.

Best: Irresistable.

Worst: 3.

Season Three.

Best: Grotesque.

Worst: War of the Coprophages.

Season Four.

Best: Paper Hearts.

Worst: Sanguinarium.

Season Five.

'Best': Travelers.

Worst: (So many contenders!)... Killswitch or Chinga.

Season Six.

Best: Tithonus.

Worst: Triangle.

Season Seven.

Best: Orison.

Worst: First Person Shooter or X-Cops.

Season Eight.

Best: Via Negativa.

Worst: Surekill or Salvage.

Season Nine.

Best: Improbable.

Worst: The Truth.

Guest Forza

Although I concur that Season 9 is unquestionably substandard for The X-Files, I disagree that Season 5 is poor. After making my way through MillenniuM's three seasons (thanks to Se7en), I am currently watching the full run of The X-Files on DVD. (Gotta love my HDTV!)

I am currently 3/4 of the way through Season 6, and--in retrospect--Seasons 3 through 5 seem like the show's finest with very few poor episodes. Season 4 is undoubtedly my personal favorite. Now that I've seen Season 6's "Full Disclosure" episodes that explode the Syndicates' conspiracy, I'm slogging my way through the end of the season to pick the mythology back up. I'm afraid to relive the impending dissolution of the mythology architecture that was so beautifully built during the show's beginning. Lord, give me strength.....

Edited by Forza

Guest Regan MacNeil

I agree that Fight Club was the worst episode (I HATE Kathy Griffin), but I think the best episode by far is Closure. I think it would have been kind of corny for Mulder to rescue his sister from her alien kidnappers after 20-some years, I think it was much more realistic for her to be dead. And after all those years of torturing himself, he's finally able to let her go. I think it was beautiful.

I don't think season 9 was THAT bad, and I was SO excited to see the Lone Gunmen die in Jump the Shark. They weren't so bad at first, as I remember they just started out as geeks, but as the years went on the became really wacky and silly and I just couldn't stand them anymore. The episode itself did suck though.

As for other episodes, Home is a close second for first place, and Space is probably second worst for me.

• 2 months later...
Guest chrisnu

Yes! David's acting was cringe-worthy in this one. And despite my opinion of Lara Means, Kristen Cloke's character in this episode blew chunks. Horrific.

Thank You! :smokin:

I thought it was just me (yes I just read the rule about short posts, sorry! :blush: )

Edited by alpha