Was Ricardo Clement an early Mabius/Legion?

Rate this topic

Guest Karnos
And maybe you should cool things down and appreciate other people's opinion don't you think so?

I can appreciate others' opinions if I am given the same coin in return, and I didn't see that. You can word it all you want...

And hell, Zeus, what if I am militaristic about the shows I like? Shouldn't you also "cool things down and appreciate other people's opinion", like Moriarty said?

well i am not a big fan of recasting the same actor to play multiple characters on the same series. I understand it was probably done for MillenniuM to save cost(i guess) or the casting direct just happens to like that actor. Bob Wilde and Stephen E Miller werent the only ones that did this in MillenniuM. Ken Roberts had very small roles in different episodes but wasnt noticable as it is with Wilde and Miller.

Personally i find this hunorous. Terry O'Quinn was nicknamed Mr.1013 for appearing on the X-Files at different times and being involved with MillenniuM

Guest ZeusFaber
And hell, Zeus, what if I am militaristic about the shows I like? Shouldn't you also "cool things down and appreciate other people's opinion", like Moriarty said?

Again, you're not reading things correctly.

I talked about "militant fans" in relation to The X-Files and a totally different example, not to you. Nevertheless, you've still chosen to take it personally and get indignant for no good reason.

Out of all my time on this board, I've found it to be one of the last refuges where people can all discuss things civily without overreacting and becoming hostile just because they disagree on aspects of a TV show. Looks like you're starting to change that just 9 posts in.

Again, you're not reading things correctly.

I talked about "militant fans" in relation to The X-Files and a totally different example, not to you. Nevertheless, you've still chosen to take it personally and get indignant for no good reason.

Out of all my time on this board, I've found it to be one of the last refuges where people can all discuss things civily without overreacting and becoming hostile just because they disagree on aspects of a TV show. Looks like you're starting to change that just 9 posts in.

Ok guys, time for a "cooling off" period....Karnos, ZF is one of the most respected members of the board here. Your disagreement with him i think stems from a misunderstanding of his responses...In my time here, i have had many, many disagreements with other here...I have also been accused by others here of being a "homer" for ZF. Fact of the matter is, the two of us have remarkably similar thoughts about the various concepts of the show...there is the rare exception where we disagree (most recently about McClaren), but i dont take his responses personally, and i know he does not percieve mine as anything more than two good friends just bantering back and forth...YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY allowed to harbor your own viewpoint about any aspect of MillenniuM...There truely is no right and wrong about some of the more dicotomous aspects, good/evil, etc...

you are new here, and by all means we are all happy you have found this site. I will advise you of this, and you need to take a bit of heed or else you will find yourself growing more and more frustrated. When i was new here, like you, i was extremely passionate about the show. Quite possibly a bit too serious in retrospect, however, i too took many of my fellow members opposing viewpoints as a personal attack. You can ask Graham (The Old Man) about this. I flooded his PM box with complaint after complaint about certain members and their responses.....what i have learned over the two years i have been here, and what you will learn as well in time is that you cant take anyone member's response personally....there have been moments here (usually when discussing religion/politics) etc where the exchanges have become quite heated, but most of us here are mature enough to know that you will never, ever win an argument over politics or religion, so for the most part, those issues are left alone....

I dont think any of ZF's responses were of a disrespectful nature, in fact after re-reading the seperate posts, his responses were more defensive, your words here:

And my attention and appreciation of the show can be placed in whatever inane aspect of it I so much desire, so get that straight.

are certainly of a confrontational nature, I think there are many here who would have responded in a similar fashion...

just remember, anytime you have two or people in a room, you will have different opinions...the challenge is to live amongst the difference with respect...perhaps the two of you should settle this via PM....

4th Horseman...

Guest Moriarty
Ok guys, time for a "cooling off" period....Karnos, ZF is one of the most respected members of the board here. Your disagreement with him i think stems from a misunderstanding of his responses...In my time here, i have had many, many disagreements with other here...I have also been accused by others here of being a "homer" for ZF. Fact of the matter is, the two of us have remarkably similar thoughts about the various concepts of the show...there is the rare exception where we disagree (most recently about McClaren), but i dont take his responses personally, and i know he does not percieve mine as anything more than two good friends just bantering back and forth...YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY allowed to harbor your own viewpoint about any aspect of MillenniuM...There truely is no right and wrong about some of the more dicotomous aspects, good/evil, etc...

you are new here, and by all means we are all happy you have found this site. I will advise you of this, and you need to take a bit of heed or else you will find yourself growing more and more frustrated. When i was new here, like you, i was extremely passionate about the show. Quite possibly a bit too serious in retrospect, however, i too took many of my fellow members opposing viewpoints as a personal attack. You can ask Graham (The Old Man) about this. I flooded his PM box with complaint after complaint about certain members and their responses.....what i have learned over the two years i have been here, and what you will learn as well in time is that you cant take anyone member's response personally....there have been moments here (usually when discussing religion/politics) etc where the exchanges have become quite heated, but most of us here are mature enough to know that you will never, ever win an argument over politics or religion, so for the most part, those issues are left alone....

I dont think any of ZF's responses were of a disrespectful nature, in fact after re-reading the seperate posts, his responses were more defensive, your words here:

And my attention and appreciation of the show can be placed in whatever inane aspect of it I so much desire, so get that straight.

are certainly of a confrontational nature, I think there are many here who would have responded in a similar fashion...

just remember, anytime you have two or people in a room, you will have different opinions...the challenge is to live amongst the difference with respect...perhaps the two of you should settle this via PM....

4th Horseman...

Well 4th, you have my thunderous applause here. Exactly my thoughts. I could not have said it better than that. I agree with every letter you typed. Cheers!

Guest Laurent.
my only point is that sometimes people can get overly drawn in and not recognize the difference between an actor and a character.

I agree with you on that but in that case it's a bit more complicated. We're talking about a "character" (legion) who is basically an immortal force with different faces and persona; so I think that if it wasn't intentional, it's a really strange casting choice, or maybe they didn't consider the link between the two characters, but to me it would be a really strange coincidence.

P.S. I'm sorry if you guys weren't ready to get back to the topic. Hahaha. But concerning the disagreement, I think that everybody has the right to his/her opinions (whatever they are) and that so far every response I've read here were really respectful of that.

Edited by Laurent.

• Elders (Admins)
Jesus, relax... talk about taking things seriously.

Karnos,

As has already been politely pointed out to you by some of most respected forum members, you would appear to have misinterpreted ZeusFabers opinion and statement as a personal attack referring to yourself and this was not the case. There is no need for confrontational or aggressive remarks.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Elders (Admins)

Okay, that said lets get back on topic as per Laran...

I have to admit in some (read few) tv shows, I have been frustrated at the re-use of actors but in Millennium it never seemed to bother me. In fact it was only some years after watching the 3rd season that I found out Mabius and Clement were played by the same actor! Call me observant! I wholeheatedly agree with ZF that with TV entertainment that its about the characters and the stories rather than the actors, but of course you can't forget its their skills and talent that make this possible.

Whilst working on the new episode guide as part of the updated Millennium Desktop UK, I've constantly been surprised when the database has shown me that an actor appeared in more than one role that I've never noticed before. Only yesterday I discoved that the actor who played Eedo in Gehenna also guest stared in Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me as Perry the serial killer who tried to beat the highest number of murders previously set by Johnnie Mack Potter. Who'd have thunk it? I'm hoping to add a page to the episode that will display all actors who've appeared in multiple roles and we can see them quickly and easily at a glance which I'm sure will be of use to the fans.

• 10 months later...

Is this just the back and forth of the owls and the roosters...

or is it the back and forth of the Muslims and the Christians...

Or is it...

When will we find equilibrium...when will we find balance???

There are 1763 days left...

Is est quisnam nos es

( I choose latin because it is a 'latin' language!)'

Kind Regards,

Squire

As mentioned previously, I don't have a particular problem with recasting actors either. My only point is that it is going to bring up issues with certain viewers when they use one actor for two high profile characters on the same series, especially when the actor is so recognizable and distinctive. Personally, I never really contemplated the dual roles of Bob Wilde on the show, but clearly we have seen where other viewers have had issues with this practice. With Terry O'Quinn and Bob Wilde, regular viewers are going to make the connection. Some will think it's fine, some will be indifferent, and some will have serious problems with it. Everyone has a different view of things.

• 1 month later...
Guest naossano

The two characters are so close, that it was maybe on purpose, to get us more confused.

It the way i see these characters : We dont know and we never will, if they're one, two, or three... ( Clement ; Mabius ; Mabius' Form of Boxer )

Edited by naossano