Is Evil working overtime among us or is it just the result of dope and alcohol?

Rate this topic

Guest SouthernCelt

Texas Crowd Kills Man After Car Hits Kid

=========================================================================

Police Release More Detail About Juneteenth Violence (Wisconsin)

=========================================================================

Angry bank customer, 94, attacks deputies near Boca

I think the question is futile. Of course it is

Guest Jim McLean

I'd say that "evil" is actually working far less these days that it has been throughout history. Far more social justice and equality all round. Drugs, alcohol and evil doings are nothing new to our world. Plus, I think attacking bank managers maybe actually be a necessary good from time to time.. Keeps them on their feet.

I'd say that "evil" is actually working far less these days that it has been throughout history. Far more social justice and equality all round. Drugs, alcohol and evil doings are nothing new to our world. Plus, I think attacking bank managers maybe actually be a necessary good from time to time.. Keeps them on their feet.

yes i agree but i do think evil does find a way to live through other ways and means like the internet.

ever notice evil spelled backwards is live

Are you sure about that !? The evil has no need to be conspicuous to do his biding. And I'm not that sure that is far more social justice in the world

Somehow Satan got behind thee? Yes, there are blatent signs of evil, but I think that the devils have learned to just "let them live their lives as they see fit". When people ocncentrate on themselves they easily adopt evil practices. I don't know the numbers on great evil in the world; the genocides in Africa, the various tribal wars, the number o fchildren getting raped.. and so on, but I don't think events have to be that horrific to add to the evil in the world. There is a more subtel evil premeating many common lives. I guess I should stop preaching now. The bottom line for me is - I am not at all surprised by the evil that men do anymore. The earth is a very hostile environment for many, many humans. This does not make me pessamistic! Rather I appreaciate and enjoy my "good" life all the more, because I realise what a fortunate little life I have lived so far.

Guest Jim McLean
Are you sure about that !? The evil has no need to be conspicuous to do his biding. And I'm not that sure that is far more social justice in the world

I would certainly say the world is a lot less civilized than the West would like to believe if we go by population, but I'd certainly say there is a far greater degree of social understanding. To have even a certain fraction of the world becoming more tolerant of minorities, of social equalities, judicial safeguards and representation to me, shows that there is progress, but progress is a slow road. It takes time. Human nature is that we'll never get rid of social wrong doings, but we will - I hope - become a more tolerant world as communication and markets bring the world closer and closer.

I think people tend to forget quite how horrific even the civilized world once was, just we now expose some of the terrors through the media which were once deftly hidden.

I'm not a believer in evil anyway. IMO, absolutes don't make a world, social guidelines and cultural morality define the term.

Edited by Jim McLean

I would certainly say the world is a lot less civilized than the West would like to believe if we go by population, but I'd certainly say there is a far greater degree of social understanding. To have even a certain fraction of the world becoming more tolerant of minorities, of social equalities, judicial safeguards and representation to me, shows that there is progress, but progress is a slow road. It takes time. Human nature is that we'll never get rid of social wrong doings, but we will - I hope - become a more tolerant world as communication and markets bring the world closer and closer.

I think people tend to forget quite how horrific even the civilized world once was, just we now expose some of the terrors through the media which were once deftly hidden.

I'm not a believer in evil anyway. IMO, absolutes don't make a world, social guidelines and cultural morality define the term.

Civilized world.... blah. It's that what you call the blatant social injustice ? There are far to many wrongs committed than good ones, and all in the name of civilization. And the things will only get worse.

Guest Jim McLean
Civilized world.... blah. It's that what you call the blatant social injustice ? There are far to many wrongs committed than good ones, and all in the name of civilization. And the things will only get worse.

Indeed, however go back even one hundred years, and there were even more many social wrongs being committed in relation to good ones. Ask the homosexuals who were beaten and tortured while police turned a blind eye, or were legally imprisoned. Ask the woman who were abused, beaten and raped with no legal rights at all. Look at the children who were prostituted, beated, abused with little legal recourse. The race crimes in the civilized world were massive. Intolerance and fear were not questions for states and countries to look at.

Yes, horrors go on today. Terrible things. But they aren't new. They've all been there for thousands of years done in even vaster quantities. Corruption also suffered in the same quantities. People were only safe when people lived in fear of doing anything wrong in which small societies were free to exile, beat and which hunt those who didn't conform. Even the good ol' Christian church wasn't quite as neutral or fairly wrong and again - as we all know - had many atrocities in its name.

My point is, we're aren't a brilliant world, we have terrible things happening. But they aren't new. What is new are the reforms and changes to our tolerances. They are step forwards and I'd say they show the world is getting better. Albeit slowly. :)