Some Great Lance News

Rate this topic

Its a movie called Appaloosa. Screenplay written by Ed Harris & Richard Knott. Ed Harris also directs this western. This movie also stars Renee Zellweger, Viggio Mortenson and Ed Harris himself.

Talk is that it comes out in 2008. Has some great high hopes attached to it

more info...............

Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen star as a pair of lawmen out to tame a chaotic Western town from the throws of a criminal rancher in Appaloosa, an adaptation of the Robert B. Parker novel that puts Harris back behind the camera for the second time after his acclaimed directorial debut with Pollock. Renée Zellweger co-stars as a double-dealing widow whose appearance creates a rift between the two men and their mission. ~ Jeremy Wheeler, All Movie Guide

Guest SouthernCelt
Its a movie called Appaloosa. Screenplay written by Ed Harris & Richard Knott. Ed Harris also directs this western. This movie also stars Renee Zellweger, Viggio Mortenson and Ed Harris himself.

Talk is that it comes out in 2008. Has some great high hopes attached to it

more info...............

Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen star as a pair of lawmen out to tame a chaotic Western town from the throws of a criminal rancher in Appaloosa, an adaptation of the Robert B. Parker novel that puts Harris back behind the camera for the second time after his acclaimed directorial debut with Pollock. Renée Zellweger co-stars as a double-dealing widow whose appearance creates a rift between the two men and their mission. ~ Jeremy Wheeler, All Movie Guide

So I take it from the description this will tend toward being a movie like a John Wayne/Jimmy Stewart or John Wayne/Robert Mitchum western and not toward a "Brokeback Mt." western(?).

Fabulous news.

Interesting to note that Sarah Jane Redmond is also starring in a flick with the mighty Zellweger though she appears so far down the list of actors she probably gives all her gusto to one lonely line though I shall certainly rent 'Case 39' purely to play spot the 'Lucy Butler', maybe even as a drinking game methinks. Lance's role in Appaloosa seems enchantingly prominent and a possible return to form for a truly outstanding actor who has inhabited the bowels of such eye-widening-horrors as the bargain-bin 'Pumpkinhead' sequels and the tortuous experience that is Hellraiser: Hellworld. Every chap needs a pound and a pence but I have never understood why an actor of such caliber would throw his brilliance behind such monstrosities. This mighty fine artisan needs a vehicle capable of his abilities and a healthy injection of discretion to be fair. I am on tenterhooks hoping that this sees him acting in a production that is worthy of his prominence.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest AxelFoley

Oh, this must be the movie that kept him from coming to the Sci-fi con in Sweden on November 1-2nd 2007. He was shooting a scene in a movie directed by Ed Harris.

• 5 months later...
Guest lilblackgirl
Lance is in the trailer! at 01:57 to be exact! There's a shot of his face as he shouts: "Looks like you did your first mistake...".

Good catch Laran. That shot flashed so quickly, i missed it. I was also watching it at work, so i was kind of looking over my shoulder making sure no one was on to me. :nahah: