Cracking the Code

Rate this topic

Like most of you all i have been pondering and doing alot of research on Carters upcoming sequel XF2.

What do we know so far?

Its being filmed in Pemberton, BC

It will be a stand alone movie in tradition to their "paranormal horror episodes" i..e The Calusari, Grotesque, Daemonicus.

The title right now is "Done One". To me "Done One" sounds like a answer to a question.

According to Frank Spotnitz this story takes place in the present, 6 yrs after the last episode.

This movie is described as Mulder and Scully put in a very unpleasant situation with alot of twist and turns.

The movie is being shepherded by Vice Pres. Steve Asbell.

Timothy Olyphant is will have a small role in the movie, possibly will be playing Brian Finch.

Lance Henriksen made comment regarding being tied to the movie.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

other things i heard and read(rumors)

their are other FBI agents present in the movie. A young agent and a much older agent. The older agent in question is rumored to be Frank Black(Lance Henriksen)

leaking details about the plot are possibly done by Carter on purpose, the info out there is totally wrong. what a genius

its hard trying to figure this out except for trying to seperate rumors from fact

So, what was your source for this information?

sorry i didnt put any links up for the info but some of it i got from Imdb and other sites around the net'. I saw some stuff on MTV.com.........moviehole........firefox news........Cinematical

The website The Whistler Question, a newspaper covering the Whistler and Pemberton areas of B.C., has reported that filming on the sequel will take place in Pemberton in early February.The filmmakers reportedly got permission from the town council to close off part of a road because they needed snow cover. Sheena Fraser, Pemberton Village deputy clerk, said that "they want to turn the road into a river and stage a car crash that comes over the edge and lands in the riverbank."

This also popped in my head, "Trust No One" and "Done One" is this some clues here regarding the movie. I had also rewatched the X-File episode MillenniuM, to see if there might be any kind of clues to the upcoming movie.

I had saw somewhere that the names of the characters in the script arent even correct.

I wonder if Carter is up to something that is so cinematical savvy that he has all the Philes and Millenniumantics scrambling for little morsels of info out here on the net'.

• 2 months later...
Guest Second Coming
This also popped in my head, "Trust No One" and "Done One" is this some clues here regarding the movie. I had also rewatched the X-File episode MillenniuM, to see if there might be any kind of clues to the upcoming movie.

I think it just means, we've "done one" x-files movie. I think it's just a working title like "Blackwood" was for "Fight the Future".

Guest Laurent.

Spotnitz has revealed that the title of the new movie has been decided but that they would wait a little bit before making it public.

Spotnitz has revealed that the title of the new movie has been decided but that they would wait a little bit before making it public

Sensible soul....anticipation is half the pleasure after all.

I was really eager to see the latest additions to this thread as I 'presumed' with it had to do with a viral marketing campaign or accompanying arg or whatever. Sadly it seems it isn't but I would agog if this doesn't happen. It seems obligatory in this day an age that a slew of cryptic sites begin appearing with tantalising nods to whatever blockbuster is the horizon, dear old 'Abrahms' unleashes a viral campaign without fail for every season, show and film and countless others see this as an almost tacit part of publicity these days.

An X-Files ARG would be most welcome and certainly keep me off the streets for a few months. Who knows, hopefully we'll be cracking the code yet.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest SouthernCelt
Sensible soul....anticipation is half the pleasure after all.

...Best wishes,

Eth

Let's just hope that anticipation is limited to just half; seems like a lot of movies and new tv shows use all their best parts building anticipation and there's nothing good left for the full production....but I'll trust 1013 and all it's near geniuses to give us something worth seeing when all is finished.

Spotnitz has revealed that the title of the new movie has been decided but that they would wait a little bit before making it public.
Laran...thanks for the information, and the following is NOT directed at you. I really dont understand why people need to post any and all information concerning the up and coming XF2 movie that they can get their hands on, regardless of verification of authenticity. I think it really serves to spoil it for those of us who want to know as little as possible about plotlines, twists and turns, etc..Whether or not Lance will have a role, what "monsters" are being considered, giving away various plot lines (Mulder and Scully situations), guessing at the title, the list goes on and on. Succumbing to innuendo, rumor and most obviously a well-polished disinformation machine only leads to false expectations. What fun is it if you know EVERYTHING about a movie BEFORE you even sit your ass down in the theatre? Personally? I think most of us enjoy knowing as LITTLE as possible before viewing, but perhaps i am wrong...

p.s. - i had removed this post earlier today, but received several PM's requesting that i put it back up as there are many here who share similar opinions..

4th Horseman

Laran...thanks for the information, and the following is NOT directed at you. I really dont understand why people need to post any and all information concerning the up and coming XF2 movie that they can get their hands on, regardless of verification of authenticity. I think it really serves to spoil it for those of us who want to know as little as possible about plotlines, twists and turns, etc..Whether or not Lance will have a role, what "monsters" are being considered, giving away various plot lines (Mulder and Scully situations), guessing at the title, the list goes on and on. Succumbing to innuendo, rumor and most obviously a well-polished disinformation machine only leads to false expectations. What fun is it if you know EVERYTHING about a movie BEFORE you even sit your ass down in the theatre? Personally? I think most of us enjoy knowing as LITTLE as possible before viewing, but perhaps i am wrong...

p.s. - i had removed this post earlier today, but received several PM's requesting that i put it back up as there are many here who share similar opinions..

4th Horseman

i agree with you 4th, from now on i will stop with the info,rumors,hearsay, spoilers and give-aways