Greetings to all and a question...

Guest squire

Hello to everyone on the boards.

Not to get too heavy with thought provoking drivel...but albeit a day of romantic extrospection...how many days are really left?

The Mayan calendar and insights of Nostradamus places the end of 'recordable' history at the Winter Solstice, 2012.

What say you? Are you roosters or owls?...or neither?

Your input is greatly appreciated.

This is who we are.

Squire

Guest Laurent.

I am neither a rooster nor an owl... I am of those who believe it is impossible to predict when or why the world as we know it will end.

What Nostradamus' insights are you referring to exactly? It is the first time I hear of anything Nostradamus-related concerning the 2012 countdown.

Quick edit: Welcome to the board dude!

Edited by Laurent.

Nostradamus' predictions end at the year 3797 which seems to display his uncharacteristic optimism that the 'Apocalypse' would be later rather than sooner though an apocryphal book attributed to him does indicate that he believed the world would end in accordance with the Mayan Calendar. In the 'Quatrains' he describes the years 2006 - 2012 as the "Time of Trouble" and numerous academics have written high falutin postulations that reconcile, or manipulate, his words in accordance with the Mayan end-time belief system but your own beliefs should inform you on the validity of this methinks.

As for are you an 'Owl' or a 'Rooster'...considering the poor old 'Roosters' believed that the world would end close to the dawn of the year 2000 and the 'Owls' believed the world will end in 2058 I would edge my bet with the Owls I guess??

Best wishes

Eth

• Elders (Admins)

Certainly does. I think there is a good chance of mass extinction too, as humans we'll bring about our own destruction or it will happen by a natural event such as a space related incident or disease. The question is, which one will do the job first and will we have helped guarantee the future existence of the human race by colonisation of other planets before disaster strikes? Oh wait that's two questions!

Welcome to our Millennium board Squire! We have a dedicated 'End Times' forum for deeper discussion if you are interested. Bring on the Rapture!

Thank you for the warm welcome...and your reply...I appreciate your audience. This is who we are.

Squire

I am neither a rooster nor an owl... I am of those who believe it is impossible to predict when or why the world as we know it will end.

What Nostradamus' insights are you referring to exactly? It is the first time I hear of anything Nostradamus-related concerning the 2012 countdown.

Quick edit: Welcome to the board dude!

Eth...

Thank you...for your input and learned addition to my post.

I would like to consider myself an "owl",...but I have many non-secular 'feelings' that draw me towards the roosters,...

Perhaps I am the Oruborus in a sense, all that lies within...and without...in equalibrium but always questioning and challenging...perhaps the best sign of a healthy mind,...and a healthy human being...

This is who we are!

Squire

Nostradamus' predictions end at the year 3797 which seems to display his uncharacteristic optimism that the 'Apocalypse' would be later rather than sooner though an apocryphal book attributed to him does indicate that he believed the world would end in accordance with the Mayan Calendar. In the 'Quatrains' he describes the years 2006 - 2012 as the "Time of Trouble" and numerous academics have written high falutin postulations that reconcile, or manipulate, his words in accordance with the Mayan end-time belief system but your own beliefs should inform you on the validity of this methinks.

As for are you an 'Owl' or a 'Rooster'...considering the poor old 'Roosters' believed that the world would end close to the dawn of the year 2000 and the 'Owls' believed the world will end in 2058 I would edge my bet with the Owls I guess??

Best wishes

Eth

So long as we gather at a donut shop that doesn't have four seemingly "old men" who are in fact...???

...and be careful about the coffee...especially after one of 'them' asks for a fresh apple fritter!!!

"You look So lonely"

They are in the dark...always look to the light!!!!

Squire

Shall we all gather for donuts yet?