What's the Name of the Game

Rate this topic

Given the increasing ruffle regarding the naming of the new X-Files movie and our very own Lance Henriksen's assertion that Millennium would be renamed upon its big screen debut I'm disquisitive to know what you would title our beloved mythos upon its revival.

As I'm no stick in the mud myself and have given this some ponderous thought I would simply call it 'Black'.

If the single worded 'Seven' found resonance with the viewing public then using our protagonist's name, and you can bet your bottom dollar he will be the ONLY recognizable thing in it, doesn't seem implausible. I like it not only as it is 'Frank' through and through but its feels thematically, tonally and conceptually correct for the series - dark and brooding and often nebulous.

Given pen and paper and a command to create Millennium for a cinematic audience what would you call it? Let's here your thoughts.

Best black wishes,

Eth

Well, that's much catchier and more memorable than the long-winded title I thought of.... as an obscure reference to a season 2 episode....

"The Madness of Art"

Yeah, I don't think that title would really take off...

Guest Laurent.

I like Black. Unfortunately, there's a significant number of movies that already bore this title.

As I don't think MM could ever be turned into a movie franchise, I guess that if a movie gets made it will be the only one. So I would go with a title similar to the episodes title of the series. I think there has been a good number of them who would have been intriguing enough to be marketed, you just don't want it to sound either too cryptic or religious, just dark and open to interpretation;

My first choice would be:

Beware of the Dog

The dog could refer to pretty much anything... and it is a well known, easy to remember phrase.

Of course I don't think they should use something they have done before, but they could come up with something even better if they look at the movie like a new episode and without the nostalgia of the series behind it.

Edited by Laurent.

I like Black. Unfortunately, there's a significant number of movies that already bore this title.

As I don't think MM could ever be turned into a movie franchise, I guess that if a movie gets made it will be the only one. So I would go with a title similar to the episodes title of the series. I think there has been a good number of them who would have been intriguing enough to be marketed, you just don't want it to sound either too cryptic or religious, just dark and open to interpretation;

My first choice would be:

Beware of the Dog

The dog could refer to pretty much anything... and it is a well known, easy to remember phrase.

Of course I don't think they should use something they have done before, but they could come up with something even better if they look at the movie like a new episode and without the nostalgia of the series behind it.

I checked on IMDB and there are 11 movies already using my highly original title 'Black' so I guess you're right though both yours and Erin's would suit me fine. Maybe suggesting which episode title could be used for the Movie title would be a consideration also? I like 'Via Dolorosa' or maybe its English equivalent 'Way Of Suffering' or even 'The Curse of Frank Black' would be applicable and explanatory.

Now you got me thinking,

Eth

Guest WhiteWolf

This is a great topic, but for the life of me I just can't think of any good titles. I think it probably has lot to do with the fact that I'd like to know what the plot is about before I start thinking about titles.

I did notice that the title Legion is already being used.

I'll try to come up with a short list of some generic ones and come back to this thread with them.

Guest Jim McLean

"Fade to Black: Let's be Frank - Watt's coming back?"

Bad pun. Sorry.

I think "Black" has that Hollywood stamp over it. Heck, even "Frank" would. Single, unusual name to title - I could see that. "Frank Black" as a title, is probably out thanks to Chuck from the Pixies, but that's probably a good thing.

• Elders (Admins)

It would have to be Millennium: Legion for me, providing it had the supernatural element to it. Or else simply The Millennium Group would do for me to deal with the fact that the actual Millennium had passed.