XF2 Movie Gets a Title

Rate this topic

Greetings all,

It has not been stated that William is a component of the story has it? Did Carter not vaguely allude to the fact his whereabouts would receive a mention and nothing more?

Considering it is stated that this film is 'not' at all mytharc and is stand-alone in nature it seems odd that Carter would base the film on a mytharc element from the lowest rating series of the entire canon.

Anyone got links?

Luff,

Eth

Greetings all,

It has not been stated that William is a component of the story has it? Did Carter not vaguely allude to the fact his whereabouts would receive a mention and nothing more?

Considering it is stated that this film is 'not' at all mytharc and is stand-alone in nature it seems odd that Carter would base the film on a mytharc element from the lowest rating series of the entire canon.

Anyone got links?

Luff,

Eth

Eth, there is much more to the story. William just has a part to the overall story, whatever that story may be. Carter has talked about the movie having a supernatural element. i presume that this movie will be a heavy on story and not too much on character. there is a strong horror notion to this movie. i think that it also maybe related to an old X-Files episode, but i might be wrong

Ta Joe

Now I'm intrigued!

I have to confess to not having much empathy with werewolf myths but I loved the arcs of Season Eight and Nine and was probably one of a few who loved Doggett and Reyes. A little bit of 'William' would be a welcome surprise.

Does anyone have any feelings or heard any words as to whether Gish or Patrick are putting in a cameo appearance?

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Laurent.

I don't have any news or rumors concerning R. Patrick and A. Gish. But I do know that Carter has stated that the movie had reference to WIlliam (like HighPlainsDrifter said). But I would not be too sure about the "importance" of the story.

i presume that this movie will be a heavy on story and not too much on character.

Spotnitz offered the following answer during the Paley fest. :

"It's scary. It's about Mulder and Scully, very much. It's about them and their relationship and who they are and it's a personal and emotional movie too, in a way that the series rarely could be, because we're not doing 24 episodes - we're just doing this one standalone movie. And it's designed to reward fans. It certainly touches upon things that fans alone will appreciate. But [it's also designed] to work for people who never saw The X-Files - who were too young. That's what's most exciting, honestly, is the chance to introduce these characters to a new generation."

There is also a new interview with Carter, Spotnitz, Lea and Pileggi available at: x-files lexicon

Thanks for the link Laran,

I found the following very interesting...

MITCH PILEGGI

Lisa: Is there any truth to the rumor that you appear in X-Files 2?

You know, what they’ve done is they’ve asked everyone who was on the show not to confirm or deny if they’re in the movie to maintain whatever surprise factor. So I can’t talk about that.

...which seems to echo Lance's words at Collectormania. It seems that rather than being a tease he was delivering an offical line as directed. I'd always wondered why he had said what he said and now I can rest a little easier.

Many thanks again for that,

Eth

Guest peas_and_corn
i believe this werewolf story is just to throw off the fans. i think it has something to do with William.

If that is the case, I will be very angry. the William arc was just awful, and adopting him was for the show as a shotgun blast to the head is to a sick horse- a relief it's over.

Greetings all,

Anyone got links?

Luff,

Eth

I agree that it doesn't make much sense.

Mulder: remember that baby you had, which had powers because it was some weird alien hybrid, but you gave up because people were after it? Well...

Ta Joe

Now I'm intrigued!

I have to confess to not having much empathy with werewolf myths but I loved the arcs of Season Eight and Nine and was probably one of a few who loved Doggett and Reyes. A little bit of 'William' would be a welcome surprise.

Does anyone have any feelings or heard any words as to whether Gish or Patrick are putting in a cameo appearance?

Best wishes,

Eth

Apparently they won't be in it. Current rumours is that Skinman will be in it.

Hi Guys and Gals

Anyone seen the latest pics? Especially the HQ ones? It would look like Post Modern Promethius is a big influence on the narrative, it would seem the wolves are dumped and it's a

Frankenstein

homage instead.

Now that I can live with :clapping:

Till then,

Eth