XF2 Movie Gets a Title

Rate this topic

here we go, i found it!

Exclusive: X-Files 2 Gets a Title!

Written by Hugh Jass

Monday, 31 March 2008

The first movie was entitled "X-Files: Fight the Future" and it was just a matter of time before the new sequel got its subtitle!

A few days ago, it was reported on Sci-Fi wire that the reason that the film hadn't received its subtitle yet was because 20th Century Fox and director Chris Carter couldn't agree on one. Chris Carter is quoted saying, "I can't tell you [what it is]," Carter said in response to a question during the Paley Festival in Los Angles. "Because I don't know, really. I know what I want it to be, but Fox has ideas of their own. And I know what it should be."

Well folks, we've been informed of the names both camps were vying for. The head honchos at Fox wanted "X-Files: Curse of the Werepeople" but Chris Carter was holding out for "X-Files: Full Moon Rising."

Sources close to the production are saying Carter has won, the new movie will be called X-Files: Full Moon Rising.

Yep, you heard right, X-Files: Full Moon Rising.

This goes along with what has been reported by the filmmakers, this film is intended to be a stand alone monster movie of the week.

We have confirmed with our Fox rep who gave us this quote from Chris Carter, "I've been quite excited about this story for quite some time and I have had it for a better part of two decades. I am sure X-Files fans everywhere will be excited to see my vision of merging Paul Schrader's Cat People and John Landis' An American Werewolf in London."

Stay tuned to the IESB as we bring you the latest X-Files: Full Moon Rising news

Guest Sheree Dawn
Well folks, we've been informed of the names both camps were vying for. The head honchos at Fox wanted "X-Files: Curse of the Werepeople" but Chris Carter was holding out for "X-Files: Full Moon Rising."

Sources close to the production are saying Carter has won, the new movie will be called X-Files: Full Moon Rising.

Yep, you heard right, X-Files: Full Moon Rising.

Curse of the Werepeople? buwuwahahahahahaha :doh::doh:

Who have they got working at fox? Old Romanian Gypsys?

Full Moon Rising is definitely way better.. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Guest SouthernCelt
Curse of the Werepeople? buwuwahahahahahaha :doh::doh:

Who have they got working at fox? Old Romanian Gypsys?

Full Moon Rising is definitely way better.. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Should have called it "Bad Moon Rising" and then they could have worked in the CCR song....Oh...that's right :nahah: someone already did that a quarter century ago (An American Werewolf in London...the movie that couldn't decide if it was a serious horror flick or a spoof).

Guest Sheree Dawn
Should have called it "Bad Moon Rising" and then they could have worked in the CCR song....Oh...that's right :nahah: someone already did that a quarter century ago (An American Werewolf in London...the movie that couldn't decide if it was a serious horror flick or a spoof).

I went to see that movie, but I was still in elementary school at the time. I only wanted to see it because I had a major crush on David Naughton.

• Elders (Moderators)

Some say this was an April Fool's joke.. Well, let me think.. if a guy named Hugh Jass tells us that the title is Full Moon Rising... :doh::fool::clapping:

Anything related to werewolves, and this is unfortunately not an April fool's joke, is bullshit. Remember one of the worst rated episodes on X-Files ever had to do with werewolves? lol... First season, whenever I do an X-Files marathon, this is one of two episodes I happily skip.

I be sad.

Oh no this could mean that the Fozzie-bear-muppet-suit thing is real........

X-Files : Revenge of the Muppets

xfilesspoiler.jpg

It's time to play the music....

(Joins Toby in being sad)