some breathtaking photos

Rate this topic

4th Horseman

Guest Sheree Dawn
That looks terrifying! The US has amazing weather.

Aren't you simply in awe of the power of mother nature? Think of how destructive it can be, yet leave a single area unscathed whilst destroying everything around it.

I stand outside in storms on many nights watching the lightning and wishing I was up in the clouds. yeah, I'm crazy.

We were at the beach one night and heard on the radio that a water spout was making its' way down the coast line. I made a run for the door to go down and watch it .... My husband stopped me. :death:

That looks terrifying! The US has amazing weather.

Indeed.

Weather here in Germany is rather dull, tho recently (last week) it snowed while the sun was out and shining bright.

I made a few interesting pictures myself of a construction site I am looking at from my suite at work... I love how blue and orange complement each other in here, while we do not have such large scale, it is still a nice mood:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tobyx/sets/72157604290246955/

• Elders (Moderators)

4H, those photos are amazing. I like the second one - I've downloaded it and might use it as my desktop.

Tobyx, very interesting pics, especially the amount of reinforcement of adjoining buildings to stop them falling into that huge hole. I'd find it quite eerie to look out the window and see all the way down to those tiny-looking construction vehicles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Elders (Admins)

Yes, its all too easy to get 'blown away' :death: by photos and movies of tornadoes, but I often wonder how people cope with losing everything they've aquired, family photos and mementos etc.