What do you think were the messages/meanings of Beware of the Dog?

Rate this topic

:clapping: Oh God I love this soooo much!

Now all you need is the hat, a few esoteric charts around the place and the sounds of Wagner's Parsifal echoing and you my girl are all ready to helm your own mysterious Group devoted to end-time philosophy and extra-govermental manipulation.

If you need a shadowy elder to sit in the wings desirous of your job then I'm your man.

This Is Who We Are

Ethie

post-1185-1208551660.gif

Guest Sheree Dawn
Upon watching this again tonight.... I think what this is saying to me is.... "I am Michael Beebee!" I'm the one who doesn't belong, who keeps trying to "get along" with these people, even though I KNOW I don't fit in!

Here's my thing....

I don't think Michael tried to fit in at all. I think he came to this place expecting to isolate himself, and shut the rest of the world out. He wanted things the way he could get them "back home", just like his coffee drink and his irritation at the old man's shack on "his land". Never mind that the man had been living there long before he bought the land.

Reminds me of where I live. In Haywood County of WNC, a large LARGE portion of Floridians have migrated northward and settled in here amongst our once peaceful mountains. Now there is a house on every ridge where forests once stood, pastures where people have walked and hunted for generations have been fenced and posted to ward off "trespassers". I bite my tongue on this, though I despise what they have done to our county. I know that even though they have moved here, it is a sad fact that economics has forced locals to sell the land to the "outsiders".

Again, I'll keep my mouth shut on this one, but was reminded of one irritation when I watched BEWARE OF THE DOG. These people come in from the "outside world" and complain when we don't behave the way "they do back home" or are constantly trying to change our community to be more like the way things were "back home". If they liked the way things were "back home" they should have stayed there.

Same for Michael, if he liked the luxuries of the outside world, he should have stayed there.