The Time Is Now

Rate this topic

Guest Sheree Dawn

Great!!!! :clapping: I've seen it before on YouTube and I thought it was a great video. It save the essence of this season. Without doubt one between the best episodes, and hard...the loss of Frank's better friend, a hole in the show impossible to fill. Well, she's my favorite character after Frank.

Thanks!

*We all are shepherds*

Edited by TheAngel

Guest Sheree Dawn

It was a very intense moment, giving us better than ever a view of what it's like to be Lara. The torment and pain that everything set into motion... She was torn so much between so many things and was so impressionable; the MM group took advantage of that.

Hi Gang,

I read a post an age ago, and wish I could find it in its entirety as it was so well written, which suggested another facet to the Lara-arc which I had never considered. The poster wrote that not only did the Group take ample advantage of the life situations of Frank and Lara but paired them to deliberately capitalize on Frank's marital disharmony. The suggestion was that as the Group understood that Frank's devotion to his family was a major stumbling block in subverting him they orchestrated the events that led to the breakdown of his marriage and placed in his midst a rather attractive woman who could provide all the things that Catherine never could - namely a shared experience of the profundity of the visionary experience.

Whilst some aspects of the theory don't hold up in my opinion it is certainly a tantalizing idea and one I'm sure was much better expressed by the origial poster than in my paraphrase.

Food for thought eh?

Eth

I remember the discussion you're referring to.

I can't recall the poster, either, but I do remember talking on here with others about how perfectly planned it all seemed. That it was so obvious, since as we saw, the MM group knew who the man was who abducted his wife, that they'd orchestrated the whole thing to either have her dead, or drive a wedge between them, and then placed Lara in his path without telling either of them they were both members of the group, in an attempt to provide him with a new "partner" who, like you said, understood him in order to keep him in the group.

Guest Sheree Dawn
I remember the discussion you're referring to.

I can't recall the poster, either, but I do remember talking on here with others about how perfectly planned it all seemed. That it was so obvious, since as we saw, the MM group knew who the man was who abducted his wife, that they'd orchestrated the whole thing to either have her dead, or drive a wedge between them, and then placed Lara in his path without telling either of them they were both members of the group, in an attempt to provide him with a new "partner" who, like you said, understood him in order to keep him in the group.

Perhaps Lara sensed that; remember that one episode where the two of them (Frank & Lara) are working on a case, and Catherine pops in for whatever... It all escapes me now, but what does NOT escape me is the awkwardness and the sudden exodus of Lara from the room. Whether Lara knew it was a planned encounter, I think she did sense she had become a wedge between the couple; that is why she was so strongly urging Cathering NOT to leave Frank.

• 9 months later...
Guest Black's Babe

Lara Means was truly a tragic character, who didn't deserve what happened to her.

really wished that she had a brief moment of lucidity, to have a proper farewell scene with Frank.

Hello all,

Obviously, Lara is a favorite of mine as well.

So here's my thing. I too agree that the group was orchestrating it all and did see Catherine as, what the Bible calls, "A Stumblingblock" or "stumblingstone." As long as she remained in the picture, they never could get Frank's full and complete loyalty. I think at this time though, they were so preoccupied with Catherine, that they lost sight of Jordan, and the spiritual connectioin she and Frank had, and, that she was actually the greater threat. Frank could let go of Catherine if he had to, but would never let go of Jordan.

Yes, it is a shame Frank and Lara never got to say goodbye face to face, but they did in their spirits, the moment he saw the antidote, and, I believe Lara knew Frank was there when she was being inducted.

I believe the group was so involved with having ultimate power and control, that they lost sight of how much more powerful the spirit of man can be, especially when the spirit is mature and developed. That's why evil seems so much more powerful, because it's more developed then the spirit in most people. Most people are too busy feeding the lusts of their mind, emotions (soul), and flesh, and overlooking who they really are, a spirit, living in a shell, a flesh body, with a programmable mind (just like a computer), and the ability to feel internally.

So, that's my thing and I'm sticking to it.

• 2 months later...
Guest Nekurat

the very nature of the clip of mental brakedown is against everything i thought I've known about TV shows. It's trully a wonder it got through. More than anything it remainds me on something David Lynch would have done. Overall I would say that - for me - this scene is the peak od MillenniuM, as in caracter building, directing, editing... merging ferfectly with storyline... So 'out there' it took me some time I even realised what I was just watching. One of the best scenes ever.