I Want To Believe - United Kingdom Promotion

Rate this topic

98640147iq4.jpg

Greetings gang!

Joe did a wonderful service to the US 1013 community by highlighting the promotional appearances airing on US television in relation to XF2. In the sure and certain hope that promotion will take place in the UK (I saw the first UK trailer on 'Dave' tonight and nearly wet myself), I have decided to create a haven for UK members to share listings and news regarding the promotion of the Movie in the UK. I am convinced that GA and DD will crop up on our very own home-grown chat shows so this is the place to alert fellow Limeys to such events. As the Radio Times and other media based glossies will no doubt cover this we can share scans and information not only with ourselves but with our frinds overseas.

I will pin this topic in the hope that UK members will share amongst ourselves and our friends any news with regards to XF2 promotion on the homefront.

Best wishes,

Eth

Oh happy day, finally some British promotion! David Duchovny will be appearing on GMTV on Wednesday so here's a nod for all the UK members to remember to set Sky+. If anyone is worried about missing this or does not have the ability to record it let me know and I will rip a copy from my own recording for you.

Best wishes

Eth

30 Wed July schedule...

6.00-7.00am GMTV NEWSHOUR (Subtitled & Widescreen)

An hour devoted to news and current affairs presented by John Stapleton & Priya Kaur-Jones.

7.00-9.25am GMTV TODAY(Subtitled & Widescreen)

Kate Garraway and Ben Shepherd kick off another morning of news, views and special guests.

* Brits in L.A. - Day 3

* Great Escapes with Shane Ward - Day 2

* George Sampson joins us in the studio

* David Duchovny joins us to talk about his new film X-Files: I want to believe

* Christine Stephen-Daly is on the sofa to talk about BBC1 drama, House of Sadam

* Pick of the day with Richard Arnold

9.25am GMTV ends

EDIT In addition to this make sure you are hanging around the old gogglebox for the following and once again please get in touch if you need copies of these making for you.

SUNDAY 27TH 1:15am, "X Files- I want to believe ITV movie special"- Behind-the-scenes access to the latest big-screen adaptation of the sci-fi show. Including interviews with its stars Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny.

WEDNESDAY 30TH 5:00pm, "Richard And Judy"- Gillian Anderson, who stars in forthcoming film The X Files: I Want to Believe, joins Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan on the entertainment show, with competitions, previews and features

• Elders (Moderators)

Eth,

I don't have any means of recording stuff off Sky. There's an XF2 special being broadcast at some unearthly hour, I think on Sunday/Monday. By the sounds of it, it's what aired over in Germany, although filmed at the L.A. Filmfest. I've seen that because some kind soul uploaded it, but naturally it was dubbed in German. If you can record that and make it available, I'd be very grateful.

(I really should get a recorder for my Sky/TV set up. But when I bought my new TV the store guy couldn't give me any advice on what to buy, etc., because my Sky box is a secondary one and he said I need to phone Sky for advice. Sigh. I hate phoning customer services. Most of them actually are pretty good but I never know how to explain properly and end up waving my hands around, pointing incomprehensibly to my setup, and saying things like I need a thingy for my thingy. :embarassed: )

Consider it done Libby it will be a pleasure. Chris Carter is giving an interview for BBC Radio 4 and I shall ensure a MP3 rip is available of this also. I have edited my above post to feature the ITV special you mention as well as GA on Richard and Judy.

If anyone hears of any other please pop by and let is know.

Front Row (Arts) Arts news and reviews with Mark Lawson, including an interview with Chris Carter, creator of The X Files, which returns to British cinemas this week.

Time - 19:15 to 19:45 (30 minutes long).

When - Wednesday 30th July on BBC Radio Four

Hi Guys,

In addition to the above there is a Q & A with David Duchovny on 1/08/08 20:30 ON Sky Movies Action/Thriller. I do not have this on my current Sky package and wondered if any other UK viewers would kindly agree to cap this for us?

Many thanks in advance for any offers of help.

Eth

I have just read a positive review of this movie proffered by Richard Bacon and whilst there are some inaccuracies (he states that the series was axed) he can be forgiven for giving it 4/5. I have scanned this review and will do the same for all coverage I find on this. There's a massive interview with GA in the tabloids also so this will be up later for your delectation.

If you find any others lingering in the papers please feel free to share also. I do hope the scan is visible enough to read.

Best wishes,

I have had to upload this externally as I couldn't do it using the attachement function. I hope this does not cause inconvenience :)

Bacon's Review SPOILER ALERT

Hi Zeus,

Many thanks for the link, I missed your post at first so apologise for not thanking you sooner. A second review of the film in today's tabloids is also positive and I am generally quite enthused by the British response so far. As I mentioned if you guys find any others please upload your scans. Again I have had to upload this externally.

Best wishes,

Eth

Are you a believer? SPOILER ALERT

Dear friends,

I am currently uploading the X-Files ITV Special to an external file hosting site. If any of you would like a copy of this please don't hesitate to PM me and I will forward you the download link. The other British promotional coverage will be available after it airs so please keep an eye on the topic.

Best wishes,

Eth