Vote Lara

Rate this topic

Eth's Science Fictio Double Feature  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 7 months later...

Anamnesis does inded rock and any Lara fans out there really should check this out. I've been playing this to death on my iPod since Josef finished it over a week ago. His best work yet if you ask me.

Eth

Guest AD Skinner

Anamnesis does inded rock and any Lara fans out there really should check this out. I've been playing this to death on my iPod since Josef finished it over a week ago. His best work yet if you ask me.

Eth

Thanks for providing that link eth, great vid. As for my selection, gonna go with the rest of the crowd and say Anamnesis. A whole episode with Lara and Catherine Black, how can it fail. Still mulling over my second choice, but I'm down to either The Time is Now (that hallucination scene is one of the greatest television moments if you ask me, but the episode isn't exactly the most cheery, is it), or Goodbye Charlie (love this episode for Tucker Smallwood's performance and the Frank/Lara scenes).

• 5 years later...

hi! I think I´m going to choose "midnight of the century" because in that episode you can see a glance of what is really going on with Lara. I know in the episode with Catherine we can see more of that but I don't particularly enjoy that episode. It was too explicit for me taste. I think all the spiritual part was too much in the face, nothing was left to imagination. And there were parts of the script that were too easy for this show. The scene that really made said "what?" was when the girl told Catherine-who didn't believe her at all- all about the polaroid story and after that, she didn't react a bit. Wth? How in the world could she knew that? Okay, she knew your daughter´s name I will give you that, but the polaroid psycho? She didn't surprise you with that?? That really annoyed me. Too far with the non-believer position. Okey, you need her to be in the oposite side of Lara, fine: take that line away.

Anyway in "Midnight..." Lara really opens up with Frank about her ability and what is going to happen with Jordan. I think maybe her character ended up filling the void that Watts left as a companion to Frank, though at the end, Peter redeemed himself helping -or saving you might say- Frank and Jordan at the end of the 3 season. 

Plus, that episode for me is a jewel. Anyway I always enjoy Lara´s episodes. If some day all the planets finally align and we have a movie, I really hope to see Kristen once again as Lara. She was great in that roll, plus she is beautiful :)

Seesthru, I believe you have hit the nail right on the head.  Each episode has its own affect on us, whether horrifying, or heartwarming.  For that reason, our opinions are different, because of our different perspectives.  I love all the episodes, each in their own way, but yes, I have a favorite, and for personal reasons.

They all reveal a part of Lara.  Midnight told the story of how she  found out she had an ability others didn't have, and how it affected her... It also clues us in as to how she's not   comfortable with her gift, that it frightens her. You also get the  feeling she either has no family left, or is estranged from them.

Monster, you see she has backbone, and  isn't afraid to speak her mind, and she also has a fairness and is willing to listen.

Anamnesis you see her  as a strong person, but also you see  the terrifying effect the appearance of her angel has.  You also see her knowledge in a way the other episodes don't always show. I like her interaction with Catherine. IN another world, they would have been great friends and Lara could have helped Catherine deal with Frank 's gift and helped Catherine reach Frank through the static.

I didn't catch the Lara moments in Siren, I'll have to rewatch.

Owls and roosters was a thriller in that you learn that the group has promised to rid Lara of the gift that is driving her mad, but you kind of know that's not going to really happen.

The time is now, you see her in full on spiral down into the abyss.   The first of Frank's support system to  leave. That whole episode and the one prior to it where she leaves him messages, etc... You want them to connect because you see she is in need of   calming and Frank needs to touch base and know she is okay. Her final sacrifice in giving up her vaccine for Frank. Then her gift betraying her when she sees Frank as a devil. I don't know that one is my absolute favorite episode, of hers, and also of the series.  It was gut wrenching.