Nightmares in red, white and blue

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Guest WaveCrest

It's mentioned in a news article on Lance Henriksen Magic something about DVD distribution for Nightmares in Red, White and Blue in January 2010. It may have been delayed though, as I haven't seen anything on DVD Times yet (they report on Region 1 and 2 DVDs for TV series and films).

Hi Richard,

Last I heard they were touting the film around the horror festivals and it would seem the last update from the team was in November 2009. 'Best Worst Movie' is another documentary that I am dying to see and it too was taken around the festivals and is trying to secure a distribution deal despite announcing a tentative release of January 2010. I think, to be honest, they jump the gun a little by announcing a DVD release before they have even screened the film or any of the reviews have come in or a distribution deal has actually been finalised.

I did write to the team shortly before Christmas to ask if there was any update but I got a really curt reply back from them.

Must have been pre-Christmas stress :confused:

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

It's the same with a couple of horror movies I want to see. Lonely Joe and Amhurst were supposed to be getting Region 1 DVD releases but nothing has happened.

It's right what you say, they shouldn't say that a DVD release is happening when they haven't secured a distribution deal.

They must have been stressed out if you got a curt reply to your enquiry. I've had that occasionly on eBay when I've contacted some sellers and buyers. I can remember with the former it was "how much is shipping to the UK for this item?" and they reply with "so and so dollars" and that's it. A rather blunt reply.

I'll try and watch that trailer on the Nightmares in Red, White and Blue official website later and hopefully it dosen't stutter again.

That's precisely what happened to me Richard. I guess I could be accused of being a little verbose but I tend to write emails in much the same manner as I do a letter. So I was aware that the date was looming for the DVD release and that hadn't been any updates on the project so I rattled off a polite letter to ask if it was still on schedule for this month as I was really looking forward to the release and was eager to order a copy. I think I got a very brief "..all updates will be on the website..." as an answer so I guess that told me lol

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

I think some of them are just plain arrogant and have a bad attitude. If they were just a bit more polite then things would be a lot better in the long run.

• 4 months later...
Guest WaveCrest

Just looked at the linked Fangoria page posted above. The Region 1 disc is being released on 28th September. Great stuff!