Profile of a Millennium Fan

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Guest byron lomax

1. About You.

I'm 25 years of age, currently work at a call centre while studying Workplace Health and Safety at University. I have fairly diverse interests, and I like to read books about history, philosophy, neuroscience, the paranormal and other topics. I also love music, comic books, animation, and drawing.

2. Why are you a fan?

While watching Millennium it often defied my expectations and surprised me - not only was the writing intelligent, it was bold, daring and unafraid to address any topic. One might think that the basic plot of the show, concerning the approaching millennium, is now outdated, and yet nearly everything the show addresses is still highly relevant and thought-provoking. The acting is also superb. Like many other fans, my love of this show naturally followed on from my love of the X-Files.

3. How long have you been a fan?

I've been a fan for roughly two years now, when I caught up with the show being repeated on a satellite channel. I liked the show from the beginning, but Season Two really made me a fan.

4. What's your favourite episode.

It's VERY hard to choose but I'd have to fall down on "The Fourth Horseman"/"The Time is Now". Simply faultless TV, incredible.

5. What's your favourite scene or moment?

There isn't one in particular that jumps out, but there are many scenes with Frank - for example the scene in which he is being questioned in "Monster", or his final talk with Dr Fabricant in "Lamentation".

6. If a movie was made which characters would you like to see in it?

Frank and Jordan for sure, Lara Means, Giebelhouse and maybe Emma Hollis. Lucy Butler as well, and perhaps a heavenly presence like Samael.

7. Why do you think Millennium should come back?

It's a great story, with great characters, that was never finished. I'd simply love to see how the story of Frank Black has continued. And it stands apart in so many ways from most television (not just these days, but ever).

1. What are you watching right now?

I'm watching some old recorded episodes of Daria and Kim Possible, which are two of my favourite animated shows from the 90s and 00s respectively. I guess I like good writing in any TV medium!

These are cool. I wish I could fill one out but I already wrote something for the site so I'll have to live through you guys. Keep it up!

Dear Friends,

Just a little thought I would like to run past you. I have just typed up Diego's fine entry for posting on our blog tomorrow, I am sure you will all have seen Ben's by now, if any of your handsome peeps would like to supply a photograph of yourself for inclusion with your responses this would be most welcome. I fully understand that not everyone is comfortable with having their visage for all to see but it might make the entries seem a little less like something I am making up behind the scenes, if you get my drift.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Laurent.

If only I had a good picture of myself alone.. I either look stupid or I'm with someone else... I'll try to find something decent and I'll send you a PM eth.

edit: I've found the picture, but I'm not able to upload it on the board to PM it to you right now. God knows why. I'll try again later, I guess you won't need it in a while anyway.

Guest tjmasiakowski

1. About You.

I'm a student at Robert Gordon University in Scotland. I'm studying Photographic and Electronic Media course. I consider myself a short fiction writer, photographer and aspiring film-maker. I've been into music creation in the past but now I'm into it more seriously. I view the path of the life as something which can be altered only by myself, by my decisions and dillemmas I encounter connected together. Maybe there is some kind of destiny but at first the basics of that destiny are created by ourselves when we decide what to do in life.

2. Why are you a fan?

I'm a fan because Millennium series has been one of the biggest influences in my life concerning the way I would like to go with my art career and what themes I would like to dwell on. It's about the mystery that is behind everything. It is about the mystery of life and death. The mystery of 'no single truth'. Perhaps this is the biggest influence that Millennium had on me: making me understand that every each of us humans is different yet we are all connected. Thanks to Millennium I started perceiving things and issues I haven't seen earlier - both in visual sense and mind sense. My art has gained a marvellous depth that I'm still discovering with every new sunrise.

3. How long have you been a fan?

I have been a fan for 2 years now. The first time I saw Millennium was in the middle of watching X-Files and I immediately switched to Millennium just to experience it as I felt the series were more interesting to me.

4. What's your favourite episode.

I have many favourite episodes but the one that took my heart was '19:19' from Season 2.

5. What's your favourite scene or moment?

I always like two moments in the series: scenes where Peter Watts and Frank Black are together discussing things; and moments when Lara Means is with Frank Black dwelling on their blessings/curses. They are always so powerful in meaning.

6. If a movie was made which characters would you like to see in it?

I'd love to see Peter Watts and Lara Means for sure. They are my favourite characters.

7. Why do you think Millennium should come back?

It is very simple: Millennium should return because it is very different series from every other series that one could see. It is the series that can change lives as it changed mine. It goes deeply into the human consciousness and mind, as none of the other series go. It is the true beauty of mastercraft film-making. It shouldn't be abandoned at all costs.

8. What are you watching right now?

I'm watching "A Room With No View" from Season 2, Millennium.

What a fascinating read Masiakowski and thank you very much for your contribution. Please keep your eye on our blog at BackToFrankBlack.com as yours and everyone's contributions will be proudly displayed there are some point in the future. It is clear from what I have read that you are a very creative individual and a mind such as yours would be a very welcome addition to the campaign team. If you are interested, check out the site and throw me a PM and I will make sure you have the password to access our hidden forum.

Once again, many thanks,

Eth