Profile of a Millennium Fan

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Hi Black's Babe and welcome to TIWWA!

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete our questionnaire, another fine entry to grace our blog in the not to distant future.

Anyhow, here's hoping you have a wonderful time here and make many new friends in the process!

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Jim McLean

You are the mirror image of me, so far as being a sporadic viewer and then buying the boxsets (I'm not from NY and I'm not a babe so I can't compare too closely)! Welcome!

Hello All.

I'm a 45 year old AA female, from New York City.

only was a sporadic viewer of "Millenium" during it's run on Fox.

Had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with Lance Henrickson, a few yrs ago at a horror convention.

At that time, he said there was talk of a possible feature film in the works.

not long after, I bought all three seasons(on sale) from Best Buy.

I'm almost done watching The X-Files on dvd, half way thru the 9th season.

Planning to check out Millenium and finally get to know the dark and creepy world of Frank Black.

So I figured it would be a good idea to seek out a fan forum and sign up.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone. :hiya:

Guest Laurent.
You are the mirror image of me, so far as being a sporadic viewer and then buying the boxsets

And look where you are now Mr. Honored Member! :clapping::notworthy:

Guest Lemmons

1. I'm 39 yo with three boys in MI, mother, potter, bookworm, wannabe writer

2. MM has a great storyline with interesting characters, well-acted and very few eps are misses.

3. Been a fan since Winter 97

4. Don't have a favorite, but when I think of MM, the first ep I think of is usually PPTD

5. In Curse of Frank Black, the scene in which Frank carves the pumpkin, but I have other favs as well.

6. Peter! Lara, Catherine and Bletcher come back from the dead. Jordan. Lucy/Legion. Frank, naturally.

7. The show is still thematically relevant, and would be interesting to see a post 9/11 take on the characters

1. Reruns on the net. There's a dearth of good programming so I canceled cable.

Guest bluestocking

1. About You.

Thirty-something female newspaper reporter in North Dakota.

2. Why are you a fan?

I watched the X-Files and started watching Millennium as well because it was by the same team that had written the X-Files. I also like science fiction and crime shows. Sometimes I like it dark, really dark, and to wallow in the melancholy and depressing. Frank Black rarely cracked a smile, had a lined, ever-watchful face, endured his tragedies like Job and only really lost it when he was about to lose his daughter, the one good thing in his life who had not yet been taken away from him. I watch for characters far more than I do for mythology. If I can't feel for the characters, I don't care much about the Legion or the Millennium group or the rest of the plotting. I cared about Frank and Jordan.

3. How long have you been a fan?

I watched the show from the first episode that aired.

4. What's your favorite episode.

Borrowed Time.

5. What's your favorite scene or moment?

There are too many of them. I liked many of the scenes between Frank and Catherine, including the one that gave them some closure in her death scene, and I liked the "We are all shepherds" scene at the end. I liked the scenes that showed what a good father Frank was. "Borrowed Time" brought me to tears.

6. If a movie was made which characters would you like to see in it?

Frank, Jordan, Peter, whatever Millennium bad guys they want to bring back. It might make more sense to do a direct to DVD movie or a tie-in with the X-Files 3 movie if that ever gets made.

7. Why do you think Millennium should come back?

Because they didn't wrap up the series to anyone's satisfaction. We'd like to know what Frank and Jordan and the Millennium group are doing now. Maybe they should put them in the X-Files movie if they ever make another one.

1. What are you watching right now?

The first season episode "Sacrament."

Edited by bluestocking

Guest Jim McLean

Thanks for these - we're not ignoring you BTW - we're keeping them to be released onto the blog sporadically to keep the fan vibe going! Great stuff!

@ Pluto: Where in Canada are you? The only other member from Québec as left, and I'm all alone...

I'm usually in Calgary, or Vancouver.

Are there not many Canadians here? We have lots on the XF forum... I'll have to start recruiting them to here! lol

Guest Laurent.

According to the member map (where you're not featured yet).. I'm the only Canadian still active on the board! Although, Watts is awfully close to the border.

It would be cool if you could invite more Canadians to the board!

I saw you on the X-Files News message board a while ago; you were having trouble in a discussion about Transformers or something... I can't remember! I don't visit this site very often now.