Q&A With Chris Carter and Frank Spotnitz

Rate this topic

btfbbooksigning2.jpg

Dear Friends,

I accept that this post touches primarily upon our sister franchise, the X-Files, and as such probably should feature in one of the more appropriate forums but as our intention is to assist in the promotion of the following event I hope I will be forgiven for utilising a guest friendly forum to bring this to your attention.

As some of you will no doubt be aware, Chris Carter, Frank Spotnitz and Matt Hurwitz will be attending a book signing and Q&A on 22nd April, 7.30pm at Barnes and Noble, The Grove, Los Angeles.

As this is the first public appearance of Chris Carter since the promotion of 'X-Files - I Want To Believe' we are sure you will join with us in saying what an exciting event this will be for fans. The signing has been arranged to promote Matt Hurwitz's superb book 'The Complete X-Files: Behind the Series the Myths and the Movies', if you are not in possession of a copy I urge you to check out the link and consider adding this to your no doubt burgeoning collection.

If you are in or around LA, or have friends you can notify of this event, I urge you to check it out. We are in discussion with a cast member of Millennium who is attending the event and we have notified Lance Henriksen of this as well, more on either score as we have the details.

www.backtofrankblack.com are pleased to announce that we are one of those sites who will be helping to promote this event, the announcement today marks only the beginning of our promotional schedule, and to assist us in doing so we are delighted to announce an exclusive competition we will be launching officially on Friday. Thanks to the generosity of Palace Press Publishing we have two sealed copies of the Hardback edition of Matt Hurwitz's definitive X-Files book and you will all have a chance to win one of these shortly. Our competition could not be simpler, nothing too difficult, no skill required, so everyone is in with a chance.

Till then, spread the word. Use your blogs, Myspace pages, friendly forums and websites to promote this excellent opportunity to get close to the individuals we have championed and admired for so many years. More to come on this, but be sure to check us out on Friday!

Best wishes,

Eth

Will the Barnes and Noble in Los Angeles be the only location they have scheduled? Wouldn't it be nice if they went on a tour and visited some other cities? Obviously, wishful thinking on my part.

• Elders (Moderators)

This is going somewhat off-topic-ish, but may be appropriate given CC's previous hospitalisation for exhaustion: This has been posted on the Big Light site (thanks to Haven for the link):

https://network.biglight.com/photo/photo/sh...APhoto%3A125545

where he looks a lot healthier than he did last year. This bodes very well for the Barnes & Noble thing and maybe a question about the campaign.

(Even more off-topic, that's Mrs CC with him - a very rare public appearance by her.)

Hi guys,

Thanks for the update Libby, much appreciated. I don't want to say too much at present for fear of tempting fate, but myself and Jim were busy last week discussing with a major LA publication about the possibility of interviewing Chris Carter and, in addition, assuring that a campaign question did indeed feature amongst the interviewer's questions. We believe we have been successful in getting this arranged but there are many variables so we can only hope that all comes to pass as planned, as aways, you guys will hear all the news as soon as we know for certain. Thanks for your interest and don't forget to enter our competition from Friday onwards.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest donkeyjote

that's great news!

on a side note: today, out of the blue, i got some inspiring and very hopeful thoughts about seeing Frank again. I've mentioned elsewhere that I'm 99% certain that a third X-Files film will get made. Well, since Frank and CC have heard us and definitely now that Frank MUST come back in some fashion, I was thinking it is very probable that we will see Frank, at least, make a brief appearance in that future X-film. I mean to say that, of course, the campaign has only started, and much more work is needed especially of contributors other than Eth and Jim, but I believe a certain goal has already been achieved. Such a small appearance might not be exactly what we're hoping for, I know, but the thought brings me a hopeful smile when greater things seem unachievable.

anyway, must get back to work...

Hi guys,

Thanks for your kind words Diego and, truth be told, we've always been incredibly flexible with regards to what we consider a successful outcome to this campaign. Even amongst the contingent of Philes who are calling for XF3 to be made a recent post at Big Light displayed a perspective similar to our own by noting that in this day and age of audio adaptations, comic serialisations, direct to DVD offerings etc. there is no reason to not supply to the demand if a film is ruled out of the question. We have been assured that we have made waves within the industry and we have been applauded and appreciated by so many notable people that we know we are making our point. If Chris decides to bring back Frank Black then we rest assured that he will do so in the best possible way for all the right reasons. We carry on, we live in hope and we urge you all, especially those of you who are new to us, to join us for what has been a thoroughly thrilling ride so far.

As for the competition Darlene, it will be launched on Friday so you haven't missed anything yet. As I mentioned, what we have in store is so deliciously easy we hope every single soul on this board will have a go at winning one of the books and fantastic books they are too.

Keep your eyes peeled at www.backtofrankblack.com for all the latest developments,

Best wishes,

Mark

PS For those not in the know, the campaign itself works behind the scenes for the most part, beavering away in a password protected forum here at TIWWA. If you are new to us, curious about what we have done or are due to tackle or simply want to browse to see what all the fuss is about, send a PM to myself or Jim and we will furnish you with a password as soon as we can

Guest Laurent.
As for the competition Darlene, it will be launched on Friday so you haven't missed anything yet. As I mentioned, what we have in store is so deliciously easy we hope every single soul on this board will have a go at winning one of the books and fantastic books they are too.

Keep your eyes peeled at www.backtofrankblack.com for all the latest developments,

I can't wait to take a shot in the competition... whatever it is!

ROLL UP, ROLL UP WIN YOURSELVES SOME X-FILES AND MILLENNIUM GOODIES

Yup, today is the day and backtofrankblack.com's exclusive competition courtesy of Palace Press Publishing is now online. It could not be simpler to take part, no skill necessary, nothing to make or do and we know you guys are a creative bunch so nothing should hold any of you back from entering. So, without further ado, check out our Blog, read all about, don your thinking caps and get your entries in.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Eth

Over 40 entries so far folks and, as the old saying goes, you have to be in it to win it. And why wouldn't you give it a shot, a superb hardback book worth £25.00 and all you have to do is think of a simple caption. Keep your entries coming, we are really enjoying them.

Reagrds,

Eth