Mark Snow Conducts

Rate this topic

Hi guys,

Saw this at Big Light and had to repost it here.

The great Mark Snow will be conducting music from "Millennium" and "The X-Files" on July 18 at Fimucité, a music festival on Tenerife in the Canary Islands. Mark's program will feature extended versions of the "Millennium" and "X-Files" themes, as well as music from the episode "The Post-Modern Prometheus" and several pieces from the first and second movies. You can see the program at www.fimucite.com.

Oh how I would love to be there, I adore Tenenrife, four hours flying time is just about bearable for me and it's shortly after my Birthday. I'm really, really thinking about this at the moment.

If nothing comes of it let's hope Youtube saves us.

Mark

EDIT - UPDATE FROM BIG LIGHT - CORRECTION: MARK SNOW CONDUCTING

Hi Frank,

I think you got the info about Mark's appearance in Fimucité a little off.

According to the program the innauguration of the festival is on July 20th, and then he appears on a conference on the 23rd and then the concert and a round table on the 24th.

Or maybe you talked to Mark about this lol and the site is not updated LOL

Any way...

HI! Just a month until I move to L.A., this is pretty exciting, I'm having a great time re-watching all of these movies!

Avi

Says Mark: "She's right. I travel on the 18th, arrive on the 19th, it starts on the 20th, my concert is on the 23rd, and it's over on the 25th." Thanks for the correction, Avi!

Good idea Gravity Well, however, rowing would get me nowhere from Oklahoma. Oh well. Maybe it will come out on DVD someday, or at least a CD. Yes, YouTube must save us.

Oh how I would love to be there

Guest thadarkside

Yes, I bet that would be very cool to go check out. But, we have the next best thing. An hour long interview with Mark Snow himself in the can! Very cool gentlemen to talk with and had loads of information on the music of Millennium and the X-Files. Be on the lookout for that special edition podcast soon! :)

Excellent job on the boards Graham. They look great!!!

• 2 months later...
  • Elders (Admins)

There's a nice clip on youtube from the event:

Hope we can see/hear more in this quality soon.

Thanks for that, I've been hoping for a clip for some time now. I'd love to see some clips of his Millennium themes.

Any recent news? Will we be able to submit questions?

That's been and gone Earthnut, you can download the Mark Snow podcast interview from here and really good it is too!