Millennium in Top Ten Pilot Episodes List

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Hi guys,

OK, this is an 'everyman' list and not from a big name like Fangoria but that doesn't make it any less valid to me. I found this on Youtube and it's one chaps list of the top pilot episodes of all time and Millennium, so very deservedly, gets a mention for Chris Carter's stunning Pilot. So here's the video and I wondered what you thought of the choices, what your choices would be and so on.

Enjoy

Eth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iIFmW-otCg&feature=player_embedded

I totally agree with some of his choices but not all of them. I will have to think about other favorites. Didn't appreciate his comment excluding MLM season 2 & 3, but, I am thankful he mentioned the MLM Pilot, which to me and I'm sure all of you will agree, should be in a much higher placement then it is.

• 1 year later...

That was quite a bit of variety, with Torchwood and Miami Vice on the same list! With a lot of his picks, I'm surprised X-Files was not on the list.

I am a sci-fi guy, so putting both Battlestar Galactica pilots on my list as well as the Deep Space Nine pilot is commonplace. I also thought "Rose" did a great job of both introducing and re-introducing Doctor Who. The "Pilot" had to do a lot in 44 minutes, include introducing new character, a new plot, and in a way, and old plot. Doing all that and still making sense is a tough act to follow!

:rock2:

• 1 month later...

Yes, it's very hard and each one of us would come up with a different list. I am so glad you included "Carnivale," I loved that show and so wish it wasn't cancelled. It even received awards and HBO still canned it. Pitiful.

Some might consider Deadwood as one of the top 10 but others would object to the foul language, which was totally accurate for a mining town. I personally would add NCIS, Criminal Minds, and MASH. :whistling: