What ever happened...

Rate this topic

Who Am I?

I'm ashamed to be asking this question, but since it was over ten years ago, I think I'm entitled to ask. I was reading the back of Season One, Disk Four (FM, TTWL, Sacrament, Covenant)'s case, and I realized that between Sacrament (air date: 2/21/97) and Covenant (air date: 3/21/97) a month went by without my show. Does anyone know (or does anyone know someone who knows) what happened during those four weeks when we didn't have MillenniuM? Cause I sure as hell don't!!!

:praying:

• Like 1

Hmmm now that's a teaser,

If you look at the show as a whole Kara it never ran to a neat 'one episode a week format'. Take season three for example, five episode were aired in October of '98 and only two in November. There was also a month between the airing of Omerta and Borrowed Time but that is easily explained away by Christmas scheduling. I wonder what replaced Millennium during those four weeks you mentioned? Event television of some kind maybe?

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

This is a common thing nowadays when a show is put on hiatus for a few weeks. Sometimes it can be because the show is being rested because of low ratings. Or it could be because of special programming. I can't think of what could have replaced Millennium during those four weeks in the early part of 1997.

Guest RodimusBen

This is interesting to note, because it is yet another thing that kills shows in the ratings. Moving around and constantly pre-empting Family Guy was what got it canceled prematurely as well.

• Elders (Admins)

Wikipedia lists the main news events for given dates which is pretty useful and I never noticed this before:

https://en.wikipedia....i/1997#February

I can't see any specific thing that could account for it besides the possible reasons mentioned above.

Does anyone know of a website that allows you to look back to those dates and see what was being broadcast in Millennium's slot? Now I don't know much about these things but I recall when we were looking for something akin to this in the past there was a website that allowed you to look back at the Nielson Ratings for a show but this was a paid subscription option. I can't recall if it gave you listings information at all.

Eth

• Elders (Admins)

I'm not sure Eth. I know the site that you mean, it had a name like Geo or something. As for listing, the internet archive may be one way, but it seems fairly hit or miss.

This site looks interesting and I'll have to come back to it:

https://tvbythenumbers.com/

Guest WaveCrest

I've got a book which has the US TV schedules from the late 40's to the 1998-99 season, and tells you what was Millennium's lead-in show, the show which came after Millennium, and the shows which were on rival networks in the same timeslot.