More different than alike?

Rate this topic

Guest soylentgreenspeople

Now that ive seen all three seasons of millennium, i look back and notice, WOW season one is soooo different from season two and three. however before i draw my own conclusions, i would love to hear everyones opinion on the matter! Do you believe that season two and three are more similar than season one and two or one and three? I dont have many solid facts why i believe two and three are more similar. I'm more going by the feel... Anyways Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

I think they're all fairly distinct to be honest. I don't perceive the heart and warmth that season two had in season three but it has less of the 'lightness of being' as is a much darker, grittier season as a result. The thematic jump from the first season to the second season is much bigger than the jump from the second to the third season but they are still quite distinct entities. It's the show's greatest strength and also it's greatest weakness if you ask me but at least there's something for everyone.

Eth

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

I think there is a big difference between the seasons. Season 1 was pretty shocking and dark to the standards in those days, now i don't think it would be quite as shocking. Season 2 was more fun i think and more enjoyable and i liked a lot more episodes out of Season 2 and Season 3 i did not like at all, I did not care for Emma Hollis, i just couldn't warm up to her and i just didn't like many of the Season 3 episodes. makingeyes.gif

Laura :)

I think they're all fairly distinct to be honest. I don't perceive the heart and warmth that season two had in season three but it has less of the 'lightness of being' as is a much darker, grittier season as a result. The thematic jump from the first season to the second season is much bigger than the jump from the second to the third season but they are still quite distinct entities. It's the show's greatest strength and also it's greatest weakness if you ask me but at least there's something for everyone.

Eth

Ditto, excellent, ta_clap.gif couldn't have said it better no matter how I tried.

With so many writers, I am thankful not one of them tried to change Frank_Black.jpg , they stayed true to his character. wub.gif

Ditto, excellent, ta_clap.gif couldn't have said it better no matter how I tried.

With so many writers, I am thankful not one of them tried to change Frank_Black.jpg , they stayed true to his character. wub.gif

I don't think its possible to try to change Frank Black's character and pass it off as Millennium!

I do think all the seasons are all different beasts, but I do feel that season three was trying to go back to basics (season 1) with an X-Files vibe to it.

Laura, I say it again, you are too harsh on Emma and season 3. There are some quality episodes in there, like Darwin's Eye. You will care about Emma with her subplot in that one.

Emma's character is such a believable one to me. It takes watching episodes a couple/few times to really appreciate her. She brought something different to the show, an FBI agent who is extremely inquisitive and who is always determined to find the truth, no matter what, and one who resented compromise. She was so much like Frank, and that to me is what made her character so good. Yet in the end, the group forced her into a compromise for the sake of her father. I honestly don't believe there could have been another character created that would have complimented season 3 any more then Emma, besides bringing Laura Means back.

Mark sure would have loved that.:whistling:

I always got the impression that Emma began her journey with Frank for selfish reasons but inadvertently became fond of him along the way. Initially I think he was merely a means to an end. She was a young and ambitious FBI agent who saw in Frank the opportunity to learn from one of the masters and as soon as she claps eyes on him in "The Innocents" she hangs on like a limpet. Evidently their relationship became a more genuine one as time went on and both grew fond of each other but still very much in the mentor/student sense.

I would have liked to have seen Frank partnered with Barry a little more. I think that could have had an interesting Krychek/Mulder dynamic about it.

Eth

• 1 year later...

I think most of the episodes that focused more on Emma were pretty good. I get the impression that when a new character is added in a season, that there end up being "obligatory" episodes to explore and define that character. I noticed this also in season 7 of Deep Space Nine. Being that DS9 was more story arc driven, I found the Ezri Dax episodes to take away from the bigger story arc involving a galactic war, which was the main reason for me in liking that show. The Emma episodes in comparison, seemed to mesh better with the Frank character as well as other Millennium group subplots. She certainly was not a Scully-like character and probably would have been more of a "believer" if Frank let her.

rock2.gif