Peter Watts mustache?

Rate this topic

Guest soylentgreenspeople

Guest soylentgreenspeople

Okay i cant remember what episode it was but either Frank or maybe Catherine went over Peter's house and you could see peter with his daughters messing around with make mustaches that looked similar to his. Does that mean Watts' mustache was fake? Like he wore it for a disguise? What do you guys think?

Almost every picture you see of Terry O'Quinn he does not have a mustache. I'm thinking he grew it for the show. There was also a picture of him as another character other then Watts, where he had a mustache. Whether it's fake or not in MLM, only someone who's been here forever might be able to answer this, like Graham, Libby, Mark, Randee, and many others. ouroborous.gif

• Elders (Moderators)

I doubt very much if the moustache was a fake for the show. It would have been very difficult to sustain a fake moustache over three seasons.

I could be wrong, of course, but I always saw that scene in Luminary, where Watts' daughters had fake moustaches, was to illustrate the relationship between Watts and his wife and daughters - just a little fun thing that sometimes close and loving families do, and paralleled/contrasted with the close relationship there had been between the Glasers and their son.

It's such an iconic part of what makes Peter Watts "Peter Watts" isn't it. I love the fact that when Darin Morgan chose to send up the series a little in his episode "Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense" that this is one of the things he chose to poke a little fun at. I love fact that Jose dying words were about Peter's moustache.

[Frank kneels next to him, and has flashes of the Nostradamus Nutball striking him with the axe.]

JOSE: (weakly) Fra… Frank ...

FRANK: What?

JOSE: Don't you just love that mustache?

FRANK: Yeah, it's …

[Frank looks up at a confused Watts; when he turns back, Jose is dead.]

Utterly sublime and all the better thanks to Frank and Peter's bemused expressions.

Eth

Whilst this is not a visual celebration of Peter's Mustache (and there should be one be one by now shouldn't there) I thought it would be OK to place it here without making a topic solely for that reason. It's a video (a short video mind) that takes a look back at Terry's various roles to date and does mention Millennium and X-Files as well as Alias and, of course, Lost.

Now that Terry is an industry behemoth after portraying John Locke in Lost it is easy to find footage of people talking about that role but this is the only video I have ever seen that even mentions his role as Peter Watts (albeit as a passing remark).

So here's to the mighty Terry O'Quinn.

Eth

• Like 1

It's a super video isn't it? The Mighty Terry O'Quinn. :notworthy:

I love how the clip begins with the "Welcome to Newbury" sign which immediately had me in mind of this.

The Stepfather is well worth a look chief. If you ever see it on the gogglebox be sure to record it. The recent remake is very poor in comparison to the first two Stepfather mmovies (ignore the third, Terry isn't in it and it's awful).

I think Josef bought them quite cheaply from deepdiscount fairly recently.

Eth