Chris Carter's "secrets"?

Rate this topic

Blackoil

X-Files News has run a story on this as well which contains a little more information but only just and an update about Fencewalker to boot.

It appears as if Chris Carter has a new project in the works. According to XFN sources, he is teaming up with some old friends for his newest film, Secrets, where he serves as a producer. Joining him are several crew members from his last film, Flying Lessons including an Executive Producer from Breaking Bad, Mark Johnson. Secrets is currently still in development but is expected to begin filming this winter.

In other news, Fencewalker has yet to find a distributor, though rumors late last year were that the film would release at a film festival sometime in 2010.

I was a bit surprised by the following thought. Do people really still think that?

Conspiracy theories on IMDb state that Fencewalker was actually clandestine filming for XF3, though Dr. Scully would demand more evidence. Hopefully though, she'll get her evidence someday soon.

Eth

Great finds, Blackoil and Libby! I thought Chris has just been doing surfing and Fencewalker for the last few years but he appears to be very much active. And it's interesting to see that like in all his other projects, Carter is keeping with this sense of "family": the Ten Thirteen alumni, the family friends...

But it's been 2 years already since IWTB and none of all these other projects have come out yet: Fencewalker, Flying Lessons, Secrets... I'm impatient to see some of the non-genre Chris Carter!

X-Files News has run a story on this as well which contains a little more information but only just and an update about Fencewalker to boot.

I was a bit surprised by the following thought. Do people really still think that?

Eth

My cynical and simplistic guess is that the writers and the target audience of XFN are essentially only interested in XF3 among anything that Carter and Spotnitz might work on. Throwing in a gratuitous XF3 reference is like a marketing ploy...

I'm just glad to hear that CC has movies in the works. Wish we had more information and news, especially something that slipped out saying that Lance is in one of them. That would be so awesome. :praying:

I'm taking that with a pinch of salt, if Fencewalker was secret filming of XF3.

Well I think we can say with lots and lots of certainty that that is not the case. I agree with Kimon, it was a website that needed to tailor the story a little to make it relevant to their readers so the added in a little XF just to be sure.

Eth