A Little Bit Of X-Files Nostalgia

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

Following on from the exercise of pulling together all the transcripts I have here, I'm now doing a similar exercise in terms of XF episode transcripts/commentaries/notes. There's a massive amount of stuff, but as something of relief from the mechanical aspect I'm happening upon some gems. This is one from Season 5's "Redux II" where there's a suspect organisation called "Roush". Here's a comment by someone with the screen name of Tiny Dancer (who was the person who first started transcribing XF episodes):

Boy oh boy, did the name Roush cause a fuss, huh? Online xphiles, being the diligent lot they are, rushed to their computers and typed in www.roush.com, just to see where they ended up. Turned out to be the homepage of pastry giant, Pillsbury! As we started pointing our fingers at the Pillsbury Doughboy as the evil kingpin we had long suspected, the story earned an article in the Wall Street Journal, of all places, and tickled the funny bones at Pillsbury. Bless 'em, they changed the front page to a black background with the slogan "Believe The Pie". Give the Big Boys some points for that and go buy some pastries, will ya?

That was just so cute!

Libby that's a lovely nugget of trivia. Is your intention to have a trivia section at your website or are you sharing these with Oro for use at his archive. I only ask because I would very much like to read more if and when you are done.

I wonder if a screencap of "Believe The Pie" exists? I have certainly been bitten by the same bug that Oro, Matt and yourself have of late which is recognising how much is being lost to future generations of fans as more and more websites close. I remember when my MM fandom began and I soaked up everything like a sponge, I happened upon a comedic 'what if' episode guide for a fourth a season of Millennium that was a curious mix of Sabrina The Teenage Witch and our own show. It had Jordan under the tutelage of Emma and Lara and I recall it being hilarious, a really fun read. It no longer exists (or at least I can't find it) and I didn't have the mind to save it.

The truth is out there, but so are the pies.

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

I'm in the process of closing down my website. But the exercise of pulling XF stuff together is a good one. There are lots of bits and pieces like that, so it's been good to find them again.

I'll post separately about the reworking of my website.

Thanks for this little reminder Libby! I had read that once but would have been unable to recall it by heart.

A good show of, uh, sportsmanship (?) too, on behalf of Pillsbury! Today, a firm would be quicker to sue for copyright infringement rather than play along with a TV show. (That's my impression at least.)

Oh how I love pie. Just had some blackberry cobbler last night with caramel ice cream. Heavenly, yummy. :wink:

I think the best part of today is we can have MLM on DVD and watch any episode any time we want. That's heavenly too.

I think therefore I am spoiled. :blush: