Force Majeure - university shooting location?

Rate this topic

Hey guys! Not only is Force Majeure of one my favorite millennium episodes, but I also love how Mark Snow decided to score this particulary episode.

Anyways i've noticed the school/university/college where the blonde kills herself, isn't that the same one they shot a Stargate SG-1 episode, Between Two Fires?

I need help from you guys, if anyone knows EXACTLY where the school is located, best way would be if you could show me on google maps?

I live in europe, sweden and i'm planning to visist a couple of millennium locations in the future.

Yes i've checked the excellent tiwwa episode guide, but I can't seem to find the school?

Also where is Frank Black house located on google maps?

Cheers guys :)

Hi there millenniumgroup,

If you head on over here to M-TIWWA, there is an article that explains all you need to know about where the yellow is located on google maps. Now I'm not sure about the other part of your question, I'm sure someone else will know, but I received an email from Matthew Chipera today who was the locations manager on the first season of the show and he is going to help us put together a guide of the exact locations used for some of the episodes. If no one does answer you questions it might be worth hanging around for that if you plan to go on a locations scout.

This is who we are!

Eth

Speaking of the score to this episode, I still have not found it on a CD, and I have all of Millennium that I know of by Mark Snow. I have one track from Kimon, but it's not the music I'd like to have, I want the music from the scene when they are getting on the bus. :ouroborous:

As I intently stare into the background of my favorite television show...

It looks like Simon Fraser University in Burnaby, British Columbia. If you look in the background during the part where Frank is walking towards the memorial where the girl died, you will see the commonly used location where there is a building where the first floor is a walkway with pillars that hold up the building-part above it. This location was used in Loin Like a hunting Flame, the X-Files episode Fallen Angel, an episode of Andromeda that I can't recall the name of, and it was used as the ministry of defense building in Battlestar Galactica. It certainly has that "futuristic feel."

The college has a website you can access for further information. Just google the name of the college.

• Like 1

Well take a bow and a rather well deserved reputation point. :notworthy:

Am I right in thinking this building was used several times throughout the Vancouver years of The X-Files as various locations including FBI headquarters? Something in the old grey matter seems to make think it was.

Eth

Yep. The scene at the end of Fallen Angel where Deep Throat tells the FBI guy to not fire Mulder, was filmed in that same location. There's probably a bunch more filmed there, but none that come to mind at the moment. I'll just have to watch them all again!!! It's neat that they can use the same location with a different angle/view for a different look. Mention was made above about it's use in Stargate SG1 as well. The college website has a cool view of the large courtyard area within the rather futuristic college building.

That location guide sounds really interesting, Eth. I would love a copy to go with my X-Files equilivant, should it ever come to fruitiion!

:rock2:

The location guide is certainly coming along. Just to whet your appetites till all is done, the restaurant that was destroyed in 522666 no longer exists as it was at the time of shooting. It has since been renovated and is now the Gotham Steakhouse Restaurant which serves fairly pricey steaks to dark night detectives I would assume. I am sure someone could track it down using googlestreet (or whatever it's called). Sadly that someone isn't me as I'm not very good with it to be honest. :embarassed:

Eth

This one's a little off topic from Force Majeure, but I'd be interested to know the location of Frank's rental in season 2 and his Falls Church house from season 3. There was also that cool thread about the theater used for the "Ark" in Force Majeure which was really neat, being that it had it's own website.

:rock2: