Returning Characters

Rate this topic

Guest CrowMagnumMan

Guest CrowMagnumMan

I wanted to get an idea of what other MillenniuM fans think about this. I'm wondering how you would feel about characters from the original show returning in a MillenniuM movie? I'm pretty sure most are behind the idea of Frank and Jordan, and Watts if it could be done right. But what about Giebelhouse? Roedecker? I know a lot of fans hate Roedecker, so is it the majority's opinion that he never be seen again?

I'd love to see Giebelhouse or Roedecker return. But what about Lara Means? I was always curious what became of that character... I was also always curious what became of the girl from The Sound of Snow; the one that was making the tapes. Bringing her back probably wouldn't satisfy anyone's main questions, though. haha

I'd love to see Giebelhouse or Roedecker return. But what about Lara Means? I was always curious what became of that character... I was also always curious what became of the girl from The Sound of Snow; the one that was making the tapes. Bringing her back probably wouldn't satisfy anyone's main questions, though. haha

so many posiblities...yes to Giebelhouse and Roedecker, Lucy Butler...and the list grows :notworthy:

Guest arcanamundi

I liked Roedecker! I liked Giebelhouse, too. I'd want to see Watts back but the consensus is that Terry O'Quinn is too big now to play second fiddle to Frank. Personally, I'd like to believe that he's not so egotistical as all that, and that the right script/amount of money would draw him in. Lara would most definitely be a welcome addition! The new Old Man (Philip Baker Hall) would add some weight and gravitas to the occasion. Having just re-watched Anamnesis, I found myself wondering what might have happened to Clare. Walkabout is right - so many interesting characters and possibilities....

Definitely Lucy Butler. If you're going to have Frank square off against anyone it deserves to be agianst Millennium's most memorable of villains. I wouldn't mind a return for Lara though I wonder if it would cheapen her arc is she was brought back. I can't see Terry O'Quinn taking second billing to Lance at the moment and even if he didn't mind his agent would be remiss if he let him. I also loved Roedecker and cannot understand why fans at the time were throwing their toys out of the cot but I guess time has allowed a calmer response to him.

My gut instinct is to put Frank against Lucy and maybe have Jordan and junk the rest. The audience is far too small to justify a movie that concentrates on the established continuity. They would have to go the way of XF:IWTB and go for something more standalone with very little reference to what was.

Eth

Guest CrowMagnumMan

So we've talked a bit about how realistic it would be for Terry O'Quinn to return. But what about some of the other actors? Stephen J. Lang doesn't seem to have done any acting since 2000. Has he quit acting altogether? And Allan Zynik hasn't acted since 1999. Sarah-Jane Redmond and Brittany Tiplady both seem to have continued acting, so they seem like good possibilities. I think I'd rather Sarah-Jane Redmond didn't show up in the very first MillenniuM movie, though. I'd rather they saved her for a later one. I really do want Giebelhouse and Roedecker to return, but I'm worried that they would just refuse.

Guest WaveCrest

I would certainly like Giebelhouse to return. He has a sarcastic, veteran-detective vibe to him and I've enjoyed his presence in the first season and the occasional appearances afterwards.

Once you got used to Roedecker he was a welcome source of humour (his scenes in "The Hand of Saint Sebastian" and the Silent Night, Deadly Night scene in "Midnight of the Century" are highlights).

Even though we know we will probably never see another episode or movie of Millennium, we can still image, and what fun that is.

Definitely Roedecker, Brad Dourif (Force Majeure), and naturally Lucy. No doubt in my mind that Mark would mention Lara. :whistling:

Too bad Cheryl Andrews couldn't be resurrected, I loved her in the show.

Avatar would be a good one to bring back. I don't remember him ever being caught, or have I missed something in an episode that followed "The Mikado?"

Guest WaveCrest

Avatar would be a good one to bring back. I don't remember him ever being caught, or have I missed something in an episode that followed "The Mikado?"

As far as I know Darlene,

Avatar was never caught in Millennium.

I'd very much like to see Lara return and Frank's neighbour in Seattle (in Season 1), Jack.