Another Jose Chung In Joke?

Rate this topic

Guest DezarasPrime

Guest DezarasPrime

I'm new to this site so I'm not sure if anybody has mentioned this before but David Duchovny is on the movie posters in the Selfosophy Head dude's office.

My apologies if this has been mentioned (I'm betting it has :D) but I'm new so please be nice :D

Don't ever worry about being new and sharing something that you think we may not have seen or hear. There's a lot here and often things can be missed. Here are the 2 posters I found in the gallery.

I especially like the cover of the book, "The Hacked Up Hack." It look just like Frank/Lance on the cover, and shows him reading it later on. Here are the images.

Guest DezarasPrime

I love this episode!!! The four leads were at their best in this one. Giebs was hilarious, Jose's last words ("Don't you just love that moustache?"), Watts and Frank playing it straight (Watts more so) yet still being amusing.

Some may not like the ep but I believe that every series with a dark tone needs a comedy episode to brighten viewers' spirits before the proverbial s**t hits the fan!!! Otherwise viewers will be suicidal by the end of the season!!!

Some may not like the ep but I believe that every series with a dark tone needs a comedy episode to brighten viewers' spirits before the proverbial s**t hits the fan!!! Otherwise viewers will be suicidal by the end of the season!!!

Oh yes, I agree. It is a refreshing episode, and so was "Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me." Different and light.

Last year we had a site birthday contest for members to come up with a joke related to a MLM episode and cake. I submitted mine and that was the end of it. I guess I won since no one else entered. LOL Some say it literally left them speechless. :whistling: Oh well, anyway, here's my entry. Click on it to enlarge it.

• Elders (Moderators)

As Earthnut said, don't worry about talking about something that isn't new to some of us, because it may be something new to others, and anyway these nuggets are well worth revisiting. The Duchovny posters are not obvious because that's not normally how Mulder looks - so well done for spotting them.

I don't really see "Jose Chung" as a MM episode (I found it easier to incorporate "Somehow Satan" within the canon), but I think not only was it a good one, as you say, to brighten the viewers' spirits, it was probably also a good one for the same reason for the actors. I bet Lance loved doing the scene where he was Rocket McGrain.

• 1 month later...

David is supposed to be a vague scientology parallel of either John Travolta or Tom Cruise. I am guessing that their use of David was to lighten things up (even more). This definitely qualifies as an in-joke, not too dissimilar from the third act of "Somehow Satan," who also used the same actor for the standards and practices guy!

:rock2:

Oh yes, I agree. It is a refreshing episode, and so was "Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me." Different and light.

Last year we had a site birthday contest for members to come up with a joke related to a MLM episode and cake. I submitted mine and that was the end of it. I guess I won since no one else entered. LOL Some say it literally left them speechless. :whistling: Oh well, anyway, here's my entry. Click on it to enlarge it.

I never noticed the caption under the picture of the large........uh........hat, until now!

:rock2: