The Notorious Seven and The Wonder Cabinet

Rate this topic

Now that I have a video capture card for my computer I can start backing up old VHS tapes. I came across two unsold pilots by Glen Morgan & James Wong. Of the two, The Notorious Seven is my favorite. It has a more interesting premise than The Wonder Cabinet, which is just an X-Files rip off. Although maybe over time TWC would have developed its own mythology to set it apart. Remember, these ARE captured from very old VHS tapes so don't expect great quality video.

The Notorious Seven: https://www.multiupload.com/MEZHCTGJNR

The City's underworld kingpin Dom Diablo (Ben Gazzara) assassinates his brother and frames his nephew, Eddie Alighieri (Justin Louis), for the crime. Incarcerated, Eddie plots with another prisoner (Roscoe Lee Browne) his escape and revenge against Dom Diablo and his uncle's henchmen, The Notorious Seven. Series is done in a flamboyant comic-book/noir style similar to Dick Tracy.

The Wonder Cabinet: https://www.multiupload.com/CMH2QXCP6X

Gordon Wayne (James Morrison) is a heart surgeon haunted by a past failure. Sarah Coleman (Poppy Montgomery) is a medical student who falls out of favor with her professors after challenging the medical establishment. Kevin Spitz (Currie Graham) is a neurosurgeon with shaky ethics. The three of them are hired by the mysterious Mr. Swissky (Kim Coates) to investigate biological anomalies and malformations for an institution called Der Wunderkammern, which believes that mankind's supposed improvements throughout this century have knocked nature out of balance...and that nature might start fighting back. -- IMDB

• Like 1

• Elders (Admins)

Thank you Matt, much appreciated. Waited a very long time indeed to see these! The pops on the Megaupload sites (tried those links first) are horrendous but well worth it.

• Elders (Admins)

Just checked the download and started to watch the opening credits for Notorious 7. I was amazed to see the actor (looking very young!) who plays Colonel Young in Stargate Universe, one of my favourite characters from that brilliant and unfairly axed show. He's credited in N7 as Justin Louis, but these days he seems to be known as Luís Ferreira.

Thank you so much Matt. Since my Vista computer is in the shop I am using an old XP. Hope it doesn't take too long to download them.

I too like the actor who plays Colonel Young in SGU. So look forward to viewing these. :clapping:

To Matt - :notworthy:

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Thanks very much, Matt.

I've only watched maybe the first third of each of these, but my immediate reaction is that the Notorious Seven was crap - but that may be because I couldn't buy into the humour. Coincidentally, I recently watched the Leslie Nielson movie "Naked Gun 2 1/2", which, if that was the same kind of humour as M&W were trying for, did it so very much better.

The "Wonder Cabinet" so far has worked much better for me, but it was too much like X-Files, and I can well understand 20th not wanting at the time (1999) to have two shows that had something of the same premise.

It's very interesting to have this glimpse into the past, but I'm not surprised that these pilots failed to be picked up.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well, maybe today I can download them, if not today, then tomorrow for sure. Didn't download them on the old XP. Right now I'm actually downloading a couple Mark Snow albums.

I am saving every cent I can to get a video capture device. I have so many VHS tapes I want to convert since I can't find them on DVD.

Again, thanks Matt.