Favorite Season

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Guest Prophecy
Yes, just a difference of opinion here. I do agree that Frank was pushed over the edge, but I still think his character had shown too much self control in the past to do what he did, given that it was Peter's home and he knew his family would be present. Also, not only did he not have conclusive proof that the Millennium group was responsible for the events that finally pushed him to his breaking point, but he had no proof that Peter was involved, even if the group was. I don't find this scene to be totally outrageous, or enough to ruin the episode, I just think it's an example of sensationalism that went over the top, and a rare case where I think Frank's actions were unjustified, and in my opinion, not really true to his character.

I agree with you. If Jordan would have been killed by someone, then I would understand Franks action, because he wouldn´t had any reason to live anymore. But on the other hand, he killed Catherines kidnapper too..

• 1 month later...
Guest NormanCroucher

From watching the end of Season 3, maybe I misread what some people were talking about, but I never got the impression Watts had been killed by Frank. Peter said that when the documents were sent to Frank that would be the warning that he is no longer safe, and then knowing the Group would kill him he waited for his assailant to execute him.

But that aside, I'm still in two minds about which season was the best. Season 1 felt the most epsiodic, no continuing arc running through it other than the Yellow House of Hope theme. Season 2 was certainly the most muddled, but the most interesting and exciting. Although Owls and Roosters was evolving the mythology big time, I loved the moments within the epsiodes.

Obviously, a lot was made of Morgan and Wong's take on the show, but its kind of why I like it so much. Each season did its own thing, unique unto itself. The characters remained the same, but the direction of the overall story went in unexpected directions. From prophecy spouting killers, to Millenium Group conspiracies, to psychics, to the Devil herself. Varied and intriguuing plots, that pay-off with references back to previous epsiodes, particularly the death of Bob Bletcher and returning faces like Gablehouse and Lucy Butler.

Some epsodes though were complete rubbish, but every show has them. I had been dreading Season 3 after reading all the negative reports of it being total balls. But I was srprised and relieved to see that it was actually brilliant stuff. Yeah, I'd rather forget about Omerta and Thirteen Years Later... but episodes like Borrowed Time, Collateral Damage, The Sound of Snow, Antipas and Seven and Onemade up for any dissapointments.

My take is that every show has its duff season, usually around the season 4 mark, and Millenium ended for me just before it had the chance to really go off the rails. It had life left in it sure, but thats as far as it needed to go, not an epsiode too long.

Guest ZeusFaber
I never got the impression Watts had been killed by Frank.

I've never heard anyone suggest that to be the case. Indeed, some believe that wasn't Peter's body at all.

I had been dreading Season 3 after reading all the negative reports of it being total balls.

Total balls?! Where did you read those reports?

I've never heard anyone suggest that to be the case. Indeed, some believe that wasn't Peter's body at all.

Total balls?! Where did you read those reports?

first off, welcome to the board Norman Croucher....glad to have you here...

in re: Watts....as ZF clearly states, there are those, and many they be, that do not adhere to the belief that the body lying in the pool of blood behind the desk in Watt's study is indeed Peter's, myself included. Although it does seem to fit into the concept of the final episode via the following:

1. Frank driving off to some unknown destination with Jordan...(did you notice the way the artwork was done, with the sunlight coming thru the clouds that it gave the entire final scene a Wizard of Oz nod?

2. The exchange between Frank and Peter concerning the relationship to the leather attache and the breakdown of Peter's protection of Frank..Although i do disagree most strongly with your idea that Peter just returned home and "waited" to be executed...this is a guy who sucessfully infiltrated Rudolph Axemann's house in "Roosters" and planted the explosive that killed him...this is a guy who worked closely, made obvious in "Skull and Bones" with Mabius, the MillenniuM assassin...so i really dont think he would have just been "waiting to be assassinated"...

Yet, even with the strong references inferring that the body was indeed Peter's, i still maintain that there is a viable reason why we only see a very oblique view of the body, and that was to leave the door open in case of a 4th season....we cant quite recognize the body, and knowing that Peter is perfectly capable of defending himself, he would not have made himself an easy target....yet, as we know, S3 marked the end of MillenniuM, and as such, now the scene congers up a completely different scenario...

What i think happened, and of course this is only conjecture, but in taking into account just what kind of person Peter was and could be, i would like to think that Peter, knowing that not only his and Frank's, but his entire family's safety was now in jeopardy, returned home to find a group assassin waiting for him. My belief is that Peter survived the attempt on his life, killing the would-be assassin, and then taking his family to some unknown safe location...another indicator i believe is the dinner table having plates of half eaten food left behind, which would indicate a hurried departure...

just some thoughts....

4th Horseman...

Guest Moriarty

Hi 4th. Which dinner table are you talking about? I just remember the scene with the body lying under the desk. Not any image of some dinner table with half empty plates on it...

Cheers!

Moriarty.

Hi 4th. Which dinner table are you talking about? I just remember the scene with the body lying under the desk. Not any image of some dinner table with half empty plates on it...

Cheers!

Moriarty.

Hey M...good to hear from you...the scene opens with a very slow pan along the dining room table, then into Peter's study where we see the body lying behind the desk....i will re-watch it tonite and make corrections if i am wrong, but i have a feeling that there is a quick pan of a table full of food just prior to going into the study...would'nt be the first time i was wrong....

4th Horseman..