Women and Millennium

Rate this topic

Guest Faustus

Guest Second Coming
Two women at work saw my Millennium Screensaver and were all excited. They keep talking to me about it now, and saying that they like it better than the x-files.

Two women at my work today were saying how they love Eastenders and hollyoaks - D'oh!  Glad you're having more luck than me!

Just read stuff on DVDs on millenniumdesktop.  They look pretty good, good price too - only thing that puts me off is the Japenese subtitles.  I may have to invest though;  Fox obviously aren't in a rush to release the DVDs.

Guest Second Coming
Two women at my work today were saying how they love Eastenders and hollyoaks - D'oh!  Glad you're having more luck than me!

Just read stuff on DVDs on millenniumdesktop.  They look pretty good, good price too - only thing that puts me off is the Japenese subtitles.  I may have to invest though;  Fox obviously aren't in a rush to release the DVDs.

I don't even notice the subtitles anymore.  They just seem to dissapear when I get into an episode.

I don't even notice the subtitles anymore.  They just seem to dissapear when I get into an episode.

We're VERY happy to hear that Second Coming!

.........i was so "anti-subtitle"  that i came very close to not even buying the laserdisc box sets at all! but the great folks at "sight and sound", www.ilovelaser.com , actually allowed me to take the first box set home for a test drive-(i was very much a regular in there when we lived in massachusetts)-and tim,the "master-japanese import-man",said that if after watching the fist 10-eps in vol-1 i still felt the same about the subtitles that he would give me my money back and take that volume home for himself,since he was a MM fan anyway.  ...so i laid out the $375 and took the volume home,still not convinced i might add.

...i remember tim telling me how much the japanese collectors were purists when it came to film and that i would be surprised at "how" the subttles are displayed at times. well,it's obvious how the story ended but by the time the first laserdisc was over i was slowly rocking back and forth with a peculiar grin on my face and a drool cup strapped under my chin. :laugh_big:            

...."more" than half our customers worldide were either "somewhat" or "very" concerned about the subtitle issue. as of now,well into our 3rd year,not one has said that,in the end,the subtitles detracted from thier enjoyment.        

...as others have stated,after awhile you have to actually remind yuorself that they are even there. i still prefer non-subtitled material when i can get it but at least now i know that,if done like pioneer japan,i can order more imports from japan with peace of mind.    

...now if these box sets were chinese i would have "NEVER" bought them as their subtitles cover up near 2/3 of the damn image! all i can say is thank god for japanese-film-purists! :smokin:

~PEACE,

se7en :ouro:

Guest Second Coming
Yeah, for me when I heard there were subtitles I kind of sighed. I thought great they're gonna take up half the screen and overlap english words that will be on the screen. Fortuantely they were well placed. A lot of times even placed vertically on the far right hand side. I honestly don't even realize they're there anymore.