Deadly Bird Flu

Rate this topic

Darth Paul

Check out this link.

https://www.comcast.net/News/HEALTHWELLNESS...20b0617ddf.html

Remind you of anything? :Ouroborous_Large:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, i have been tracking it as well...reminds me of the Marburg Virus episode...virus has done the antigenic shift dance, and now if it drifts just a little, watch out...that and the new HIV virus that exhibits symptoms in weeks or months, instead of years...yes, the show was just about 6 years too early, but how absolutely prophetic were the last two episodes of the second season, huh?

Yeah, i have been tracking it as well...reminds me of the Marburg Virus episode...virus has done the antigenic shift dance, and now if it drifts just a little, watch out...that and the new HIV virus that exhibits symptoms in weeks or months, instead of years...yes, the show was just about 6 years too early, but how absolutely prophetic were the last two episodes of the second season, huh?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the board! I think a lot of episodes of Millennium are prophetic.

:starwars:

Welcome to the board! I think a lot of episodes of Millennium are prophetic.

:starwars:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Darth...with every passing day, it seems the CDC comes down with a more frightening and sober evaluation of this virus. What is strange is the government's seemingly lack of concern, being that we have to get the info from sources like Drudge, etc..following is a piece of an interview from a virologist who works at St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn..

Robert Webster, a virologist at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, in Memphis, who has been studying avian influenza for decades, is even more stark. "This is the worst flu virus I have ever seen or worked with or read about," he says. "We have to prepare as if we were going to war-and the public needs to understand that clearly. This virus is playing its role as a natural bioterrorist. The politicians are going to say Chicken Little is at it again. And, if I'm wrong, then thank God. But if it does happen, and I fully expect that it will, there will be no place for any of us to hide. Not in the United States or in Europe or in a bunker somewhere. The virus is a very promiscuous and effective killer."

Now if that isn't enough to make one a bit uneasy. Paranoia has no place here, only vigilance. We are truely living in very strange times ideed...

The Time IS Near....

Thanks to all those who have made my initiation extremely pleasant, from Darth to The Old Man to Libby. I only wish i had joined earlier.

Mark...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SouthernCelt

More on avian flu:

Predicting Bird Flu's Future

Avian flu could be morphing into forms going unobserved by most researchers, if one scientist's theory is correct. ...continued here

It's an interesting piece - but in my view as dangerous as predicting that the avian flu will turn into a global pandemic at one point.

Whereas I find the prediction dangerous because it does cause at least some hysteria (and it did here when the first cases of infected people in Asia occured - which in return is dangerous as people are dulled by it. It's the screaming-"Fire!"-when-there-is-none-effect ... after a while, people won't react even when there's smoke rising.), the view that should an pandemic occur scientist will be able to foresee its development is difficult because it lulls us in falls security.

I suppose that scientists to a certain degree really are able to predict the development of a virus, but nature likes to throw in a mutation or two once in a while ...

I think the saddest thing of all, with no disrespect intended to anyone, is the virus strain seems to be mutating in its strongest enviroment Asia.

Out here in British Columbia the Health Authority reported the virus will at some point come here from Asia.

I think the questions that should be asked is what is being done out there to prevent further contamination from spreading and mutating?

Once again no disrespect intended in what I have wrote and if I'm wrong please forward thoughts as this s*** gives me the ebeegeebee"s

:smokin:

Guest blondton13
I think the saddest thing of all, with no disrespect intended to anyone, is the virus strain seems to be mutating in its strongest enviroment Asia.

Out here in British Columbia the Health Authority reported the virus will at some point come here from Asia.

I think the questions that should be asked is what is being done out there to prevent further contamination from spreading and mutating?

Once again no disrespect intended in what I have wrote and if I'm wrong please forward thoughts as this s*** gives me the ebeegeebee"s

:smokin:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No disrespect picked up from me! That's a good question about what's being done. I know in Africa mulitple things contributed to the fast spread of AIDS through the population. But Asia's overall set up differs from Africa, mainly in the the monetary dept. But the one thing that is similar is the large population.