Deadly Bird Flu

Rate this topic

Darth Paul

It's an interesting piece - but in my view as dangerous as predicting that the avian flu will turn into a global pandemic at one point.

I suppose that scientists to a certain degree really are able to predict the development of a virus, but nature likes to throw in a mutation or two once in a while ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For the curious, a relatively short write-up about the 1918 influenza pandemic:

https://www.stanford.edu/group/virus/uda/

I don't necessarily think we're going to see upwards of 500,000 deaths,

but one never knows. It might never amount to more than a few isolated cases here and there or it might blow up. It's something that I personally never give much thought to in a practical, everyday sense. I try to keep up with the newest info because it's interesting to me, the science of it all.

Hey disease, just hold off until after June 14th, heh.

Good point. I'd hate to have called off sick from work, started my marathon viewing session, then, you know, actually get sick.

*coughs up blood*

Boy, these DVDs are so realistic!  :bigsmile:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With age comes a little wisdom but mostly aches and pains... :rofl::notworthy::roedecker:

Global out here in BC is having a mini series on this Virus. I watched it yesterday and there is only one way to beat this virus outbreak. :goodnight:

We are %#@%@ if Asia does not do something to change their growing need to eat weird things without cleaning everything first :boody:

Just my thoughts.

Ps. Sorry if I offend anyone!

:smokin: