Episode Music

Rate this topic

hey guys...i am a fairly new member to TIWWA, so if i ask a redundant question, please bear with me as i learn how to navigate the board...i have a couple of questions.

1. In the episode Loin Like A Hunting Flame, there is some very beautiful piano background music that is played at times throughout the show. I am not talking about the club songs, it definately sounds like Mark Snow. Can you tell me where or how i can come by a copy of it?

2. When i activated the flash banner music on this board, there is a very beautiful string sounding song that is looped. From what episode is it from and is it available as well. Is there a complete compilation disk that one can buy with all of Snow's beautiful pieces on it?

thanks, mark "fourhorseman" Alexander

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

The problem is that there has only been one official release of Mark Snow's Millennium Score, electonically at iTunes and its not available in all countries and even if you live in the UK for example which has an iTunes store, this CD is not listed. :furious: I wish he would do something like composer Jan Hammer did with his full 2CD collection of Miami Vice recordings (he even considered using his website to release them) and release a full multi CD set, however this Best Of MillenniuM set is available and is really good. You can read me by clicking on the pinned topic on this forum which contains all the previews of the music that you currently need iTunes to obtain. Alternatively visit my website for more information here:

https://www.millenniumdesktop.co.uk/html/it...k_mark_snow.htm

where you can read more about the release.

As for the music contained in the Flash Banner, I'm afraid I don't know the exact name of the peice.

Guest Frank Black

Man I love that episode music as well m8

Iv'e tried for some time to get the music from the dvd, but I end up with to much sfx :(

Cool to see im not the only one loving that episode music :fool:

I believe that Elvis Costello recently released one of his "CDs" in a way that Snow could do. Just download it (for a fee, obviously) from his site, download the CD cover for you to print out, and that's it. Snow has to have closets full of the stuff

that many of us would love to get our greedy hands on. The iTunes is definitely a start, but the more, the merrier!

Man I love that episode music as well m8

Iv'e tried for some time to get the music from the dvd, but I end up with to much sfx :(

Cool to see im not the only one loving that episode music  :fool:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the support. There are many instances of Snow's music that are just absolutely beautiful. My unfortunate dilema is that i am still in the stone age with Windows ME....(ok, lets all get a good laugh while we can at my expense)... :Gehenna_demon: Guess the Time is Now to upgrade...

Hi,

The problem is that there has only been one official release of Mark Snow's Millennium Score, electonically at iTunes and its not available in all countries and even if you live in the UK for example which has an iTunes store, this CD is not listed. :furious: I wish he would do something like composer Jan Hammer did with his full 2CD collection of Miami Vice recordings (he even considered using his website to release them) and release a full multi CD set, however this Best Of MillenniuM set is available and is really good. You can read me by clicking on the pinned topic on this forum which contains all the previews of the music that you currently need iTunes to obtain. Alternatively visit my website for more information  here:

https://www.millenniumdesktop.co.uk/html/it...k_mark_snow.htm

where you can read more about the release.

As for the music contained in the Flash Banner, I'm afraid I don't know the exact name of the peice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Old Man...in regards to the beautifully haunting piece contained in the flash banner, it is the beginning theme from "Lamentations", the scene is where Frank and Bob are hiking up the mountain in the snow...its a bit different, but still very nice...

Thanks for the support. There are many instances of Snow's music that are just absolutely beautiful. My unfortunate dilema is that i am still in the stone age with Windows ME....(ok, lets all get a good laugh while we can at my expense)... :mabiuswoz'ere:  Guess the Time is Now to upgrade...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:grin: I had a Windows 95 which I just fried and upgraded to a Windows 98 that no one was using [ or wanted] :eyes: I'm saving myself for my retirement when I will buy a top of the line lap top for when I go semi luminary!! :clapping::tasty::ouro:

• Elders (Admins)
Old Man...in regards to the beautifully haunting piece contained in the flash banner, it is the beginning theme from "Lamentations", the scene is where Frank and Bob are hiking up the mountain in the snow...its a bit different, but still very nice...

Ah, yes of course. I think it played several times, but its now several months since I watched an episode! :Gehenna_demon:

They really are beautiful themes.

Guest Frank Black
Thanks for the support. There are many instances of Snow's music that are just absolutely beautiful. My unfortunate dilema is that i am still in the stone age with Windows ME....(ok, lets all get a good laugh while we can at my expense)... :mabiuswoz'ere:  Guess the Time is Now to upgrade...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Np m8 :clapping:

Man you should listen to "Force Major" when frank goes the college and when Dennis Hoffman approach him, a beatiful cue can be heard :)

"Millennium Ultimate Music Collection" Will this ever happen ?

:eyes:

Np m8  :clapping:

Man you should listen to "Force Major" when frank goes the college and when Dennis Hoffman approach him, a  beatiful cue can be heard :)

"Millennium Ultimate Music Collection" Will this ever happen ?

:eyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Frank - I took you advice and went back and re-watched Force Majure. You are correct, the background piece is fantastic. Strangely enough, this episode has continued togrow on me until it has become one of my favorites. I know that opinion isn't shared by many others, but it has 3 key moments that put it in my top 10 list.

1. The very beginning when the woman says "Papa, its begun"...and that streak of lightning flashes across the sky. Great effect.

2. The obvious reference to the movie se7en when Frank goes to talk to Dennis at his apartment. The number on the apartment door is 7...

3. The ending where Catherine informs Frank that Jordan has been accepted into some kind of private school. As she continues to talk, he looks down at the gift he got Jordan and the look on his face is one of uncertainty and apprehension. The ending of this episode is probably my favorite. Just the anticipation of what was to come on May 5th, 2000.