So Far, The Worst Disc...

Rate this topic

What's the worst disc of S1 and S2?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When one sits down for a Millennium marathon (and we all do from time to time) which disc do you sometimes skip? Granted, this is much more difficult than with other shows because Millennium wasn't on long enough to collect a batch of mediocre episodes (like a certain other 1013 production), but sometimes we just want to get to the creme de la creme.

If I held a gun to my own head, I suppose I'd choose S1, disc three because there are no really standout episodes (the first choice has 522666 which I like and the last has a Lucy Butler ep!) and it contains my second least favorite S1 episode, Weeds.

Guest chrisnu

Definitely Season One, disc three. The only episode I enjoyed is "The Wild and the Innocent". Season Two disc five is close, though; "Siren" and "Anamnesis" are very poor episodes, but I enjoyed "In Arcadia Ego" and "A Room With No View".

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

I went with season 1 disc 3 as well. I didn't really like "Loin Like.." very much, Weeds was average by Millennium standards, Wild and the Innocent was good (3.25 our of 5) , and Wide Open was very good (3.75 out of 5). This disc does not really contain any of my very least favorite, well maybe "Loin", but it doesn't have any of my favorites either. In fact, it doesn't even have one 4 or 5 star episode in my book. It looks like the voting tally is a blow out, with 8 votes for this disc and 0 for the others, but it is really kind of a close call for me. If the order was a little different, and lets say the last episode on the previous disc, "Well Worn Lock" was swapped with Wide Open, the first one on disc 3, it would have been a run away for me. Season one disc 6 does not rank high with me, but I don't remember if it was an option or not. Paper Dove was fairly good, but Maramantha was average, and I don't have any interest in the special features. It's just a personal thing with me. I like to leave the show alone for what it is. I don't like dissecting it and going behind the scenes and stuff like that. I want to know Peter Watts as Peter Watts, not Terry O'quin (sp?). I don't want to know how they did certain things or came up with certain ideas. I want to enjoy the episodes without thinking about things like that. Anyway, I will go with disc 5 as my least favorite in season 2, but I still think it was better than S1 disc 3. I think Anamnesis drags it over the edge, and while I enjoyed the other three, Siren, In Arcadia Ego, and especially "A room with no view", it has only 4 star episodes, except for anamnesis, which I rank pretty low, maybe 2.5 stars.

Season one disc 6 does not rank high with me, but I don't remember if it was an option or not. Paper Dove was fairly good, but Maramantha was average, and I don't have any interest in the special features.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I only picked three discs because there are so few "mediocre" at worst episodes

of the show. Wide Open's initial theme is quite effective, powerful, the idea of a child seeing his or her parents butchered. Plus the actor they got to play the killer looked sufficiently psychopathic. And I liked Maranatha a lot. I'm curious, what didn't you like about it?

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I only picked three discs because there are so few "mediocre" at worst episodes

of the show. Wide Open's initial theme is quite effective, powerful, the idea of a child seeing his or her parents butchered. Plus the actor they got to play the killer looked sufficiently psychopathic. And I liked Maranatha a lot. I'm curious, what didn't you like about it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I Agree, there were few discs that would qualify for the pole. I think the one I mentioned might possibly be the only other one I might have considered voting for. As for Maramantha, I didn't dislike it, I just thought it was average by Millennium standards. Actually, I would go as far as to call it good, just not great. It just isn't one of the episodes that I would view repeatedly. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give it about a 7.5. Of the 2.5 that I would deduct, about .5 of it would probably be for the terrible special effects at the beginning when they show the disaster. Sure, Millennium is not a show that relies heavily on special effects, and that is one of the things I like about it, but come on, if they are going to show the accident, at least make it somewhat convincing. :yes:

terrible special effects at the beginning when they show the disaster. Sure, Millennium is not a show that relies heavily on special effects, and that is one of the things I like about it, but come on, if they are going to show the accident, at least make it somewhat convincing.  :yes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I definitely cannot argue with you on that point. That was just TERRIBLE.

If you can't make it look at least remotely realistic, don't even try. :doh:

• 6 months later...
Guest chrisnu

I'd go with Season Three, disc one now. With Season Three, disc two a close second. :j_sad: The season is picking up, but it took a long time to get there. The only episode I'd really say I enjoyed out of those two discs was "Through a Glass, Darkly".