Soylent Green Is Real!

Rate this topic

Guest Burnout

OH MY  GUMBY!  What will I do if it gets into cornchips?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for adding a little humour to an otherwize disturbing subject. We see too many real-life Millenniumistic events, don't we? :devil::alien2::ghostface:

Gene splicing like cloning is in its infancy. Who knows where this beginning step will lead ? In 50 years gene spliced food may actually be a saving grace by not allowing pesticides and herbicides into our food chain . It may even lead to a way of repairing damaged genes thus curing disease, preventing disease or birth defects. At one time people felt the same way about Penicillin because it starts as bread mold.. :ouro:

Guest lonegungrrly1121
Hey, with some fava beans and a bit of chianti,...no problem!!!!! :smokin:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LMAO!! mr lecter?

Guest blondton13
Gene splicing like cloning is in its infancy. Who knows where this  beginning step will lead ? In 50 years gene spliced food may actually be a saving grace by not allowing pesticides and herbicides into our food chain .  It may even lead to a way of repairing damaged genes thus curing disease, preventing disease or birth defects.  At one time people felt the same way about Penicillin because it starts as bread mold..  :ouro:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you, Walkabout. Although some progress may sound foreign to us right now, the implications for the future may be enormous...consuming rice spliced with human genes doesn't bother me any, but I can see how it might intially make some people uncomfortable. What we need to remember is that everything contains "genes" - let's not forget insulin, Premarin, etc. These things are acquired with the help of animal genes, and they save lives and keep people healthy. Fetal (stem) cells also save lives....is it okay if things are bring placed in our bodies via some other route, but creepy if we ingest it? I guess it is different, but we must grow with the times!

I figure some people may not agree with me, but some of these methods may further our society.