London's Children

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Yeah-I'm way more afraid of some people than I am animals. I have a pet black widow, for goodness sake!! :tongue: But I also know that if I treat any animal with healthy respect and fear, it will leave me be~for the most part. (Rabies doesn't count here!-haha) You can't expect anything from a human~no matter how you act.  People can do great things way beyond your expectations, but they can also do things you can't even begin to fathom...I should know! You should see some of my black thoughts~and I would NEVER act on them. I can't imagine how an individual with no remorse or self control would act with these same thoughts-well, yes I can.... :ghostface:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes the capability is within all of us no matter how far we think we have evolved but the difference is just circumstances, consciousness and timing..

yes the capability is within all of us no matter how far we think we have evolved but the difference is just circumstances, consciousness and timing..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this is what frightens us so much, we know that we are capable of horrible evil.

this thread is calling out for religion, but I will just say that, yes, indeed, I have hope

Yeah-I'm way more afraid of some people than I am animals. I have a pet black widow, for goodness sake!! :tongue: But I also know that if I treat any animal with healthy respect and fear, it will leave me be~for the most part. (Rabies doesn't count here!-haha) You can't expect anything from a human~no matter how you act.  People can do great things way beyond your expectations, but they can also do things you can't even begin to fathom...I should know! You should see some of my black thoughts~and I would NEVER act on them. I can't imagine how an individual with no remorse or self control would act with these same thoughts-well, yes I can.... :ghostface:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You & I have more in common than you realize.

Guest fledgling666

as truly horrific as this story is, sadly, it is not uncommon.

in Mexico, just outside the US, across the border from El Paso, Tx, thousands of women and children have disappeared. the desert is littered with human bones. most of them are from camps along the border from which illegal immigrants trek daily and/or weekly to the US to find work.

in Matamoros, directly across the border from Brownsville, Tx, a cult was broken up some years back, that had kidnapped some college students and dismembered at least 3 people in sacrifice in a mixture of santaria and voodoo ritual. the cult was also a major drug-trafficker. most members were killed, but a few were arrested.

right now, as we type, the border between Texas and Mexico is one of the most dangerous places in the world. Mexico has become the kidnapping capital of the world, replacing such places as Columbia and Vicente Fox is doing absolutely nothing about it. in fact, he'd rather use the Mexican armies resources to form a visual rebuttal to the Minutemen Movement in Arizona, than put them in the Texas/Mexico border towns to search out members of Marasalvatrucha or MS-13 and other small or individual gangs or persons responsible for kidnapping, murder, drug trafficking and other organized crime.

as much as this elderly lady may have had an extremely valid point, i think i would categorize things differently. i think WWII was where evil culminated for a period, but i think it's always been here amongst us, waiting, gaining strength, and oh, has it been gaining strength lately. Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, Darfur, Brazil, Columbia, Equador, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Bosnia, Chechnya...........

*edit

........Chile, Peru, Russia, Japan, China, Southeast Asia, Mexico, Oklahoma City, Waco TX, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kenya, Tanzania, NYC, DC, Lebanon, Israel, Syria, Argentina, etc.

there doesn't seem to be one country on the globe that has not been hit with some horrific act, that can only be described as evil, in recent years. by "evil," i mean, the evil in men's hearts for, in my book, there is no other source.........