Thoughts On Mm Movie

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber

That would be "Jump the Shark", included on the TLG boxset if I'm not mistaken, just as TXF's "Millennium" was included on the MM S3 set.

As for LH in the HR pilot, I can't believe I neglected the most obvious casting crossover to mention on this MB. Gillian Anderson also did a voice-over of course.

So much trivia, so little time.

Guest ZeusFaber
I've just ordered harsh realm on amazon  :bigsmile:  thanks!

www.choicesdirect.com have Harsh Realm at only £15. It shouldn't be too late to cancel your Amazon order.

Guest zombieromero

Yeah I forgot the title of "Jump The Shark" thanks for reminding me Zeus.

BTW the guy who played Lt. Thomas Hobbes was also in the X-files episode "Miracle Man" where he played a preacher who could heal people by touching them.

:ouro:

Guest lonegungrrly1121
www.choicesdirect.com have Harsh Realm at only £15.  It shouldn't be too late to cancel your Amazon order.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

damn! aww well, I got mine for 17 quid so its not that much of bummer.

'Jump the shark' made me cry soo much

As for TLG, thats only on DVD in Region 1. I'm trying to get a hold of it too, since I've never had the chance to watch an episode. Was it ever aired on even a pay-TV channel in the UK?

It was aired over two days on SciFi UK Zeus, I had one hot video recorder at the end of that weekend I can tell you. I absolutely adore The Lone Gunmen and have never understood the lack of faith that Fox displayed in such a rich and hilarious concept. Do you know if it is destined to ever have a UK DVD release? I have searched and found nothing definitive. Could you also recomend Harsh Realm? I keep erring about whether to invest or not and wondered if it was as good, or nearly as good, as MM/X-Files/LoneGunmen. Thank you in advance for any help with this matter.

eth.snafu

Guest ZeusFaber

zombieromero -- yes, lots of familiar actors in HR who were also in TXF and/or MM, such as Tobin Bell and Mark Rolston. Too many to list really, but it's fun trying.

lonegungrrly -- I thought HR was £27 on Amazon, but you've got yourself a good deal after all.

ethsnafu -- I wish I too had Sky TV so I could sample TLG. It seems byt this stage that the series is never to see DVD in R2. There's been no news of it whatsoever, and it's been a long time since the US release. If it was coming, you'd expect to have heard an initial announement by now, although you can never say never. I'm planning to import the R1 version, since my DVD player can handle it. My only concern is whether or not my TV can handle the NTSC transmission. As for Harsh Ream, I can recommend it to you. It doesn't cover the same themes of TXF or MM, and it's not without its flaws, but it is largely enjoyable and has some great performances from a strong cast. Elements of The Matrix, Apocalypse Now, Mad Max, and The Twilight Zone. Cancelled before it could even get off its feet, but certainly worth having, especially given the price of the DVD at the moment.

Many kind thanks for your reply Zeus. I have just completed a swift search of SciFi UK but it dosen't appear that the Lone Gunmen is scheduled in the next three months or so: I thought maybe I could record a few episodes to DVD but I shall keep my eyes peeled and feedback should anything change. Unfortunately my DVD, though it does record, is one of those loathesome Region 2 only creatures so I either buy new DVD or stick with the grainy old videos I have of the show. Harsh Realm is a defininate now thanks to your advice, if it even touches the genius of Carter's other work I will be a happy eth.snafu. Anyone know what is happening at 1013 these days? It has been so long and we are, I'm sure, desperate for some more of their fine creativity.

eth.snafu

LOL! That's the best offer I've ever had! :tongue:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Offer's still open! :gaba::makingeyes:

Harsh Realm was cancelled after 3 episodes aired, but 9 episodes were produced.  You can pick up the series on DVD pretty cheap right now.  It's got a couple of commentaries on the pilot, some TV spots and a short documentary.  Also featuring MM alumnus Terry O'Quinn and Sarah-Jane Redmond.

As for TLG, thats only on DVD in Region 1.  I'm trying to get a hold of it too, since I've never had the chance to watch an episode.  Was it ever aired on even a pay-TV channel in the UK?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm confused. Selfosophy Psycho made some vidio-tape copys of Harsh Realm episodes when it was shown on Spike TV. He gave me more than 3. Confused. :eyes:

Guest ZeusFaber
Many kind thanks for your reply Zeus. I have just completed a swift search of SciFi UK but it dosen't appear that the Lone Gunmen is scheduled in the next three months or so: I thought maybe I could record a few episodes to DVD but I shall keep my eyes peeled and feedback should anything change. Unfortunately my DVD, though it does record, is one of those loathesome Region 2 only creatures so I either buy new DVD or stick with the grainy old videos I have of the show.

No problem. :)

You might want to investigate the potential of your DVD player. Some have... hidden depths, if you get my meaning. If you let me know the make and model of your player, I could do a little research if you like. You may be able to import those TLG discs sooner than you think, although nothing is certain.

Enjoy Harsh Realm, and let me know what you think.

Edited by ZeusFaber

Guest ZeusFaber
I'm confused.  Selfosophy Psycho made some vidio-tape copys of Harsh Realm episodes when it was shown on Spike TV.  He gave me more than 3.  Confused. :eyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Harsh Realm was cancelled by FOX after just three episodes had aired on the network. However, when the news came in, the show was still in production and finished shooting its ninth episode. So nine episodes were made, but the show was cancelled after 3 on first run.

Subsequently, all nine episodes have been shown on the FX network and other cable stations, and all nine are available on DVD.

Hope I've cleared that up.